Director of Clinical Transitions
Location: Casselberry, Florida
Department: Clinical Education
Reports to: VP of Clinical Operations
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Director of Clinical Transitions is responsible for directing, overseeing, and evaluating the Clinical Transitions Program Team. Managing the Clinical Transitions Program includes ensuring key metrics are met consistently each month and ensuring HCPs are appropriately assessed and prepared for their assignments.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Manage the Clinical Transitions Program team, including involvement in interviewing and hiring department staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies and procedures in a manner consistent with Avant’s mission, vision and values. Ensures policies and procedures conform to the standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operations policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Maintains accurate knowledge of the current federal and state laws and regulations that apply to the practice of nursing in a variety of settings.
- Maintains current knowledge at the expert level of trends in nursing and clinical education, adult learning principles, and theoretical models for nursing practice and training.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Operations, establishes and maintains strategic long term vision for the department. Evaluates key metrics, and implements solutions.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Facilitates or participates in management team meetings, daily huddles, team meetings, and offsite meetings to discuss company and departmental goals.
- Collaborates with clients and Avant departments to ensure delivery of quality service and successful client and employment relationships.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of Clinical Transitions Program team personnel and assures sufficient staff levels to meet departmental goals in collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Operations.
- Is an active member of Avant’s Leadership Team.
Managerial Functions of the Job (if applicable)
- Direct the daily operations of the clinical education program
- Assess HCPs for safe and effective nursing practice in general and specialty nursing areas
- Plan and coordinate staffing needs to meet current and future training demands
- Evaluate, coach, and remediate clinical educators in teaching in line with current CTP curriculum
- Evaluate, refine, and develop core and specialty curriculums in line with a theoretical model
- Assess clinical outcomes resulting from the CTP program and adjust curriculum to optimize outcomes at the client site.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- (5%)- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Clinical Operations
- Supervise a team of fulltime, part time, and PRN clinical educators
- Supervise a team of administrative support personnel
- Supervise the learning of HCPs enrolled in the clinical transitions program
Normal Work Schedule
The Director of Clinical Transitions is a member of the Avant Healthcare Professionals leadership team and as such is expected to maintain work hours that reflect Avant’s core values of passion, teamwork, adaptability, integrity, continuous improvement, and sense of urgency. This requires availability outside of normal business hours as needed for effective operation of the business.
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum Qualifications
- Masters Degree required
- Proven ability to lead and direct employees as well as develop workflow process to generate results
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Proven ability to work through complex problems and influence outcomes where there is no direct line authority
- Proven ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years clinical nursing experience and a minimum of 5 years direct supervision of people
Required Licenses, Certifications and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Valid, clear and unrestrictive Nursing License for the State of Florida
- Masters Degree in Nursing, Business, or Healthcare required
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Physical Demands
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or listen
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must have the ability to travel throughout the United States by plane and car
- Mental Demands
- Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions
- Is free to plan work assignments and schedule to meet long-term goals and objectives
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks
- Must independently manage a large group performing varied tasks
- Persuade or explain complex issues in person or by phone
- Ability to withstand moderate amounts of stress
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment along with clinical patient care equipment
Policy Making and/or Interpretation
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures
- Interpret and operationalize policies and regulations at the department level
Program Direction and Development
This position is responsible for program evaluation, development, and design in conjunction with the Vice President of Clinical Operations.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with external stakeholders and suppliers
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- The disclosure of which would be prejudicial to the successful operation of Avant
Creativity, Strategy and Leadership
- Provide onboarding orientation, training, supervision, and evaluation
- Participate in the development of HCP remediation
- Reviews, recommends and updates guidelines, processes and policies as needed in conjunction with Vice President of Clinical Operations
- Develop and implement the Clinical Transitions Team’s KPIs, strategic plan, goals, and objectives
- Actively manage Clinical Educators, Administrative Staff, and HCPs in line with Avant’s strategic plan so that goals are met or surpassed
- Provide leadership and direction to the Clinical Transitions team
- Hire, train, manage, supervise, and evaluate the Clinical Educators and administrative staff
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Failure to safeguard confidentiality of records could result in severe embarrassment to Avant Healthcare Professionals, and possibly impart severe damage to the life and well-being of an employee
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required