Cultural Transitions Coordinator
Location: Casselberry, Florida
Department: Cultural Transitions
Reports to: Director of Transitions
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Cultural Transitions Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Travel and Transportation Division of the Cultural Transitions Department. Including but not limited to scheduling and booking of flights, ground transportation, rental car and hotel accommodations for both Healthcare Professionals (HCP’s) and Transitions Trip Support Specialists (TTSS’s). This includes being available for HCP’s and TTSS’s during trip activities in the event of changes. The Cultural Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for the communication regarding travel and relocation with every party involved.
Essential Functions of The Job
(30%) Initial travel coordination for HCP’s home country to Orlando, FL.
- Coordinate travel dates and airport departure with HCPs for their initial arrival to Orlando. Follow up with HCP on Visa issuance to then book travels.
- Research and book international and domestic flights utilizing multiple search engines.
- Work closely with Avant Housing Coordinator to assign Avant Corporate Apartments. Communicate with HCPs regarding airport pick up, apartment and office address.
- Confirm and communicate final work dates with department and HCP.
- Provide any pre-arrival communications regarding office policies such as severe allergy.
(30%) Travel coordination for HCP and TTSS to assigned client location.
- Research and determine the best airport’s and flights for HCP’s and TTSS’s considering logistics and items needed during the trip.
- Manage the booking of flights, hotel accommodations, rental car, etc. Utilize programs such as Google Flights, Expedia, Enterprise Rent A Car and Hotel Engine. Prepare and request airport transportation for HCP and TTSS with Avant Drivers.
- Must be available to HCP and TTSS during Trip activities during evenings or weekends in the event of any changes, concerns or issues that may require assistance.
(20%) Local Ground Transportation and Administrative Responsibilities.
- Use, maintain and check driver availability on shared Google Calendar and ATS application.
- Work closely with QA, Clinical, NCLEX/NPTE, Licensure, Immigration and Cultural Transitions for scheduling and transportation needs.
- Track available corporate vehicles and manage rental vehicles such as passenger vans.
- Coordinate with Orange Osceola Safety Institute (OOSI) regarding Driving Assessment and Driving Lessons schedule.
- Track and advice regarding HCP progress through Driving Program
- Book and coordinate DMV appointments via the FHLSMV website
- Attend the Cultural Transitions team’s weekly meetings.
- Submit weekly and end of month Expenses using Expensify. Update anticipated transitions trips on Transitions Trip Google Calendar. Keep the Cultural Transitions and Clinical Transitions Start dates updated in ABMS (Avant Business Management Systems).
- Update and edit Transitions Tasks, TTSS name and date fields on Transitions Page in ABMS along with flight itinerary upload.
- Coordinate with HCPs regarding family travels and Process flight reimbursements.
- Contact HCP with initial relocation request information. Follow up with HCP regarding anticipated timelines and terms of relocation.
- Book any travels, moving trucks (U-Haul or Budget), equipment, etc. Confirm with HCP regarding items needing to be moved to help determine truck size.
- Request of availability of TTSS support if needed.
- Inquire with HCP regarding Apartment Leases and when to give notice to vacate. Request for new lease for new location. Review and approve any housing options the HCP provides. Create and distribute Transitions Checklist for new assignment area.
- Finalize and confirm with HCP if utilities have been transferred in HCP name
- Request for Meet and Greet with new employer.
- Process and communicate details regarding relocation reimbursement to HCP via PMS.
- Assist with locating either appropriate schools or childcare.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- (5%)- Assist with communication within and between departments. May also offer support for booking of flights for other departments such as Clinical/NCLEX.
- Other duties as assigned
- Received - Supervisor provides instruction and direction through personal observation, individual conferences, specific directive, and written memoranda.
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly. After hours may be required for calls and solving travel related issues.
Education, Training and Experience
- Preferred Associates degree; will consider other qualifications and a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training in relation to scheduling
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment. Standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Policy Making and/or Interpretation
- Administer Avant regulations, policies and procedures
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Failure to safeguard confidentiality of records could result in severe embarrassment to Avant Healthcare Professionals, and possibly impart severe damage to the life and well-being of an employee
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required
- HIPAA certification required