Location: Casselberry, Florida
Reports to: Immigration Manager
Summary of Position / Responsibilities
The Immigration Specialist is responsible for processing immigration petitions for Avant candidates in a timely, efficient and effective manner while proactively troubleshooting any issues. This role ensures that databases are accurately maintained and that all immigration requirements are current for each applicant while sustaining timelines and fluid communication with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and all Avant Departments.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Process non-immigrant and immigrant visas with the USCIS (petition/exit interview documents) and US consulates
- Review and evaluate information included on all petitions for the applicable statuses for adjudication before submission
- Resolves issues and employee concerns such as documentation needs, immigration status requests, and procedural issues
- Ensure immigration processing is properly completed to meet any processing and placement timelines as directed by the Immigration Manager
- Contribute to ensure monthly critical numbers are met as set by Organizational Leaders
- Maintain and update documents to meet department of labor requirements for immigrant and non-immigrant visas to include public inspection files for Avant and Threshold, and any labor certification requirements
- Manage additional processes that are integral to the immigration process
- Attend all team meetings and any other departmental meetings as required
- Communicate with other departments as needed regarding candidate processing and any other relevant updates
- Maintain timelines and close communication with Healthcare professionals throughout the process
- Accurately update databases and reports with dates and upload any, and all, necessary critical documents
- Liaise with outside counsel on assigned cases as required
- Propose process improvements to internal departmental guidelines and procedures
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal qualification
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors and agencies.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required