Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: HR - Employee Support Services
Reports to: HR Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Essential Functions of The Job
- Operate ABMS systems and assist in maintaining confidential and employment-related data; develop data reports and metrics on a variety of HR issues.
- Assist and/or administer a variety of support duties including office clerical duties; responding to HCP issues; generating monthly and ad-hoc reports as required; verify employment inquiries according to established policy.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate personnel-related data in both paper and databases (Paycom, QuickBase, HR/Recruitment shared drive) to ensure confidentiality and compliance with records retention laws
- Develops data reports and metrics on a variety of HR issues as needed
- Responsible for ensuring the form I-9 / E-Verify is completed correctly and on-time, and reverifications are being monitored and processed as needed
- Responsible for office clerical duties to support all HR functions
- Ensure timely adherence to notification reports in QuickBase as they relate to pertinent HR and HCP matters.
- Build trust and professional relationships with employees for their retention and success.
- Act as key point of contact and support for employees and respond/act with a sense of urgency to inquiries and time-sensitive situations.
- Assist in developing communications, education and information strategies that maximize employee understanding of HR policies, programs, services and culture and act as a catalyst for continuous improvement.
- Work as a team with HR and other departments to effectively develop plans of action to support and solve problems in relation to employees.
- Partners with HR team members to ensure compliance with federal and state laws related to employment in all areas of HR
- Able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of an associate degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, General Business, Organization Development preferred. Equivalent field of study with at least 3 years of progressive HR Experience will also be considered.
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources or business environment required
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge and continued training in employment law, worker's compensation, FMLA, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and development.
- Intermediate competency with database management and other HRIS technologies
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access; Adobe editor / FoxIT)
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Policy Making and/or Interpretation
- Administer Avant regulations, policies and procedures
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required