Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Licensure and Credentialing Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international clinicians achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers opportunities for leadership roles, ongoing education and comprehensive professional development to all employees.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Licensure Coordinator will process all aspects of credentialing for Registered Nurses working through the Avant process. Responsible to ensure this is done in a timely, efficient, and effective manner and trouble shoot issues. The coordinator will be responsible for giving regular status updates to the team as Healthcare Providers (HCPs) progress through the credentialing process. This role collaborates with credentialing companies, other internal departments, and HCPs regarding processing times, progress, and timelines.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Coordinate the credentialing application process with CGFNS or other credentialing companies for all Registered Nurses in the Avant program for purposes of NCLEX, Placement and VisaScreen Certification.
- Guide and communicate with the HCPs through the application process and provide ongoing support as they go through credentialing, ensuring that deadlines are met for issuance of credentialing reports.
- Communicate directly with the applicable credentialing agencies (CGFNS, Silny, etc.) to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Track and coordinate receipt of required documents from all third-party entities, which include but are not limited to: Foreign boards of nursing, US Boards of Nursing, Foreign Nursing Schools, English Proficiency testing centers.
- Maintain up to date standard emails, SOPs, instructions, and documentation for the internal credentialing process for CGFNS and other credentialing applications
- Update Avant databases and all applicable candidate records and always reports as required to ensure data accuracy
- Request, process, and ensure all licensure related payments are inputted through the PMS system and Expensify to meet weekly accounting deadlines
- Attend and participate in meetings with other internal departments as necessary
- Attend 1:1 meeting with Licensure and Credentialing, and other team members and Manager to discuss escalated issues, actual and potential resolutions
- Submit updated reports to the Manager on a regular basis as needed
- Coordinate and assist with other needed administrative and recordkeeping duties
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of an Associate degree required, or equivalent combination of education experience
- At least 2-3 years of administrative and application processing related experience required
- Prior experience working with Nursing Boards preferred
- Strong attention to detail skills and accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Excellent communication skills with people from other cultures and diverse backgrounds
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required