IT Specialist II
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: IT Support Manager
Reports to: IT Support Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The IT Specialist II is responsible for internal/external hardware/software support, and maintenance tickets. Under supervision, this role will be responsible for network and phone maintenance, troubleshooting hardware and basic to intermediate software problems, document solutions, and assist team members with provisioning as needed. The Specialist II will also be responsible for the execution of the network and application security measures put in place by the IT Support Manager.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Oversee the Information Security plan and local network infrastructure, while maintaining, administering, and improving all network components/hardware to mitigate Cybersecurity threats.
- Ensure network hardware (wireless access points, switches, modem, etc.) are properly functioning, and performing general routine maintenance.
- Assist the IT Coordinators with the provisioning process, including but not limited to the set up and configuration of new PCs, cellphones, desks, and other peripherals
- Liaise with phone support vendor to maintain company phone system and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Assist on the set up and maintenance of mobile devices, including cellphones, hotspots, etc.
- Reach out to internal customers to gather further information to complete IT service tickets
- Provide basic troubleshooting to new and existing users with hardware and software problems, escalating to Specialists and IT Support Manager for more complex issues.
- Work with IT vendors on possible solutions for new hardware and software troubleshooting
- Create Quick Base and Power BI reports as directed by the IT Support Manager
- Follow procedures to troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, maintain, and replace hardware and software.
- Administer software user accounts to provision / de-provision users, and to maintain security levels.
- assisting IT Coordinators with the set up and provisioning of new computers as necessary
- Complete IT service tickets as per established company SOPs.
- Complete IT operations and infrastructure projects.
- Test hardware and software solutions prior to launch.
- Maintain IT technical documentation.
- Perform computer system backups and archival maintenance to properly backup, restore, retrieve, and transfer files and data between platforms.
- Act as an internal customer liaison for communicating, resolving, and initiating the resolution of problems.
- Train and coach IT Coordinators and less experienced IT Specialists as needed.
- Maintain the network and escalate to Specialist III and IT Support Manager
- This includes maintenance of PCs, printers, servers, administration of software applications, and related equipment.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential function off the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Associate degree in Computer Information Systems or related technology degree; or a combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience in an IT Support role installing, troubleshooting and maintaining computer hardware and software.
- Experience completing IT service tickets as per established company SOPs.
- Experience leading infrastructure projects as the technical lead.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows troubleshooting, network configuration and maintenance, Firewalls, Network and application security, Mobile phone (iPhone) platforms, and VOIP Phone systems.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows servers, web-based services, and web browsers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.