Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Director of Immigration
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Immigration Coordinator will process immigration petitions under the guidance of the Director of Immigration for all Avant candidates, and provide support to the Immigration team with logistic and administrative aspects of the immigration process for Registered Nurses, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists. This role maintains databases with accurate records and ensures all other requirements for immigration purposes are current for each applicant. The Immigration Coordinator communicates progress and timelines to Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and internal Avant Departments as required to ensure a smooth transition through the Avant process.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Process I-140 filings of immigrant visas to the USCIS under guidance of Immigration Specialist/ Director of Immigration
- Prepare, copy, and scan documents to formulate petitions to be filed
- Update QuickBase and all applicable internal databases, candidate records and reports as needed
- Prepare packages for shipping and maintain accurate tracking records
- Under direction request payments for processing and update Avant’s expense tracking system
- Coordinate information and documents under the direction of the Immigration Specialists and communicate directly with HCP’s as needed
- Contribute to ensure the monthly Critical Number is met as set by the Director of Immigration, SVP Operations and the Avant Executive Team
- Maintain and update documents to meet department of labor requirements for immigrant and non-immigrant visas, to include public inspection files and thresholds for Avant, as well as labor certification requirements
- Attend team meetings and communicate with other departments, as needed, regarding candidate processing and updates
- Submit updated reports to the Director on a regular basis as needed
- Maintain close communication with Healthcare professionals throughout the process to communicate progress and timelines as required
- Routinely update databases and reports, and upload necessary critical documents and ensure all data is accurate at all times
- Liaise with outside counsel on assigned cases as required
- Represent in a professional manner the Avant Healthcare program by building rapport and trust with applicants as they process with Avant
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; An associate degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience and/or training
- Must have excellent problem solving, communication and customer service skills
- Must be reliable, team-oriented, and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must have ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.