Clinical Assessment Manager
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Clinical Assessment
Reports to: Manager of Clinical Assessment
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Clinical Assessment Manager (CAM) will be responsible for executing clinical assessments for Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) at the placement stage while making professional recommendations to ensure the best placement with the client. This role will finalize the clinical portion of the HCP’s resume prior to submission to the client, conduct clinical practice interviews to prepare HCPs for client interviews, and create clinical assessment profiles for client submissions. The CAM will be responsible for providing clinical guidance and education to the Client Services team, HCPs, and clients (Hospital). Additionally, this role will also assist in the training and mentoring of Clinical Assessment Coordinators and other less senior members on the Clinical Assessment team.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Contribute clinical information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement process improvement plans; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends and report to the AVP of Client Services for escalation.
- Analyze the department’s clinical placement determination process to pinpoint opportunities and areas for improvement and evaluate results to provide feedback in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Clinical Assessment to provide guidance and training of Clinical Assessment Coordinators and/or team members including the preparation of training plans/guides, and audit of work
- Act as a point of contact within the Client Services team for clinical advice regarding questions and concerns about placement and the match process.
- Coordinate with other internal departments, to resolve client and/or HCP matters, communicate any discrepancies found during clinical assessments, and assist in the overall screening and selection criteria as well as, to identify potential skills or information that would need to be added to Avant’s Pre-arrival and CTP programs.
- Assist the Clinical Assessment -Recruitment team on an as needed basis with the clinical assessment process for international nurses, to determine their fit with the Avant program or raise concerns about their ability to be successful on assignment with Avant in the USA.
- Collaborate with the Client Services -Placement team to conduct clinical practice interviews with HCPs prior to their Avant client interview, as needed.
- Be a champion for Avant Healthcare Professionals goals, our people, and our mission, exemplifying our values, while supporting Avant’s strategic business building initiatives.
- Foster an environment that values the client and healthcare professionals.
- Conduct assessments to evaluate the HCP’s professional nursing experience, skills and experience based on their resume and the HCP’s specialty to ensure the candidates meet US standard requirements for client facilities
- Administer clinical assessments of HCPs, in preparation for Client Services to submit the HCP to clients, in order to ensure the best possible match that will provide a successful assignment outcome.
- Audit, approve, and finalize the Avant formatted resume and Avant Recruitment Management questionnaire to reflect accurate experience and skills to allow the Client Services team to process the HCP for consideration to clients.
- Assist the Clinical Assessment team to build a database of expected clinical skills by country, facility and units, and qualifications.
- Assist the Clinical Assessment team to create and develop clinical based scenario questions and tools to comprehensively assess candidates against US standards and to effectively identify any concerns or deficiencies in their skills and experience.
- Track and maintain communication with the Client Services team during assessment processes and ensure Avant database (ABMS and ARC) are updated to accurately reflect assessments.
- Track and document specific concerns highlighted during the assessment process by HCP, hospital, country, and qualification.
- Complete clinical unit assessment calls with clients and attend new client webinars.
- Conduct preparatory online webinars on various interview guidelines and scenarios on an as needed basis
- Assist in maintaining departmental guidelines, policies, or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to Avant’s Clinical Assessment process, making updates as required based on new client requirements or process changes
- Perform a total of 20 to 30 clinical assessments per week (4-6 per day)
- Audit and follow up with upcoming expiring nursing licenses and certifications reports for HCPs weekly
- Generate 20 to 30 final resumes per week
- Assist with managing projects within the Clinical Assessment team and client services to meet company goals.
- Ensure service levels and key metrics are consistently met each monthly through monitoring of job orders and HCP pipeline
- Collaborate with the Manager of Clinical Assessment to develop workflows and processes to meet departmental KPI’s and maximize mobility of the prearrival pipeline, including accuracy of assessments and match process.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Clinical Assessment to create strategies to improve productivity and efficiency in the department processes.
- Create submittal plans for the HCP to allow for efficient flow through placement process in the department as needed
- Attend weekly meetings designed to monitor status of HCP pending placement to provide real time input and receive input on client’s acceptance of HCP
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hospital experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred 3 years of Emergency Room or 2 years Intensive Care Unit experience
- Proven ability to collaborate as well as develop workflow and process to generate results.
- Proven ability to work with a team to accomplish objectives and must have a high attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Active and unrestricted Registered Nurse License required
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.