Clinical Assessment Manager - Per Diem
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Clinical Assessment
Reports to: Manager of Clinical Assessment
Summary of Position
Essential Functions of the Job
- Clinically screen and assess international nurses for the Avant Healthcare Program via phone, Skype or Zoom.
- Complete a minimum of 6-7 clinical assessments within an 8-hour workday with international Healthcare Professionals
- Conduct assessments to evaluate the HCP’s professional nursing experience, skills and experience based on their resume and the RN’s specialty to ensure the candidates meet US standard requirements
- Responsible to identify any deficiencies or concerns that would prevent Avant from offering the RN a place on the Avant program or raise concerns about their ability to be successful on assignment with Avant in the USA
- Identify the RN’s skill set and make a clinical recommendation for the appropriate clinical setting and trauma level for in the USA
- Assist in building a database of expected clinical skills by country, facility and units, and qualifications
- Partner with the Department Manager to develop clinically based scenario questions and tools, as needed, to comprehensively assess HCPs against US standards to effectively identify concerns / deficiencies in their skills and experience
- Track and maintain communication with the Recruitment and Client Services teams during assessment processes and ensure Avant databases are updated to accurately reflect assessments
- Track and document specific concerns highlighted during the assessment process by RN, hospital, country, and qualification.
- Maintain and update team documents as necessary
- Report metrics, and escalate issues as required
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
- Received: Supervisor provides instruction and direction through personal observation, individual conferences, specific directive, and written memoranda.
Normal Work Schedule
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum ASN, BSN preferred
- 2+ years of current experience as a Registered Nurse in a variety of acute care clinical settings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Valid, clear and unrestrictive Nursing License for the State of Florida
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions
- Is free to plan work assignments and schedule to meet long-term goals and objectives
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks
- Must independently manage a large group performing varied tasks
- Persuade or explain complex issues in person or by phone
- Withstanding moderate amounts of stress
- Must relay information orally
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: continuous contact with professional staff members, and potential field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required