Cultural Transitions Administrative Assistant
Location: Casselberry, Florida
Department: Cultural Transitions Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Director of Transitions
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Cultural Transitions Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Cultural Transitions team. Duties include but are not limited to providing reception support, scheduling meetings, coordinating calendars, preparing correspondence, preparing reports and providing routine office support. The Administrative Assistant serves as support for the Cultural Transitions Team including direct support for the Cultural Transitions Specialists and Health Care Professionals (HCP’s).
Essential Functions of The Job
(35%) Provide front desk support such as:
- Greet HCP’s, Transitions Trip Support Specialists (TTSS’s) and visitors upon entry to Cultural Transitions area and direct accordingly
- Prepare and distribute Welcome Totes and Welcome Folders for new HCP arrivals.
- Provide communication and instructions to HCP’s regarding scheduling, documentation and requirements.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of Cultural Transition Schedules.
- Open, sort and distribute correspondence from Avant Corporate Apartments and HCP correspondence delivered to office.
- Assist with creating Fed Ex labels and envelops and drop off with reception prior to FedEx pick up.
(30%) Assist with necessary documentation, Banking requirements and established checklists:
- Collect and Scan HCP documents; such as Passport, Visa w/stamp, DL and IDP for new USTP groups
- Provide instructions and assist with the setup of bank accounts and credit cards.
- Assist HCP’s with Apartment Key Form.
- Scan and send necessary documents to bank and credit union.
- Process and submit in PMS Invoices for Avalon Town Car.
- Assist Transition Support with submission of Apartment Rental applications and fees as required per HCP.
- Assist Transitions Specialists with the preparation of Transitions Checklists for Transitions Trips.
- Update Cultural Transitions Tracking in ABMS for document control tasks, lease uploads, and Transitions Checklists.
(30%) Support the HCP onboarding process:
- Process Baggage Reimbursements for Incoming HCP’s attending USTP.
- Communicate with Orlando Osceola Safety Institute (OOSI), support driving written exam grading and uploading exam. Receive and upload Driver’s License into ABMS when delivered by OOSL.
- Prepare and distribute DMV Mock Leases and Certificate of Address Forms
- Process and submit in PMS Invoices for OOSI Institute group invoicing
- Upload Social Security receipt letters and Social Security cards into ABMS (Avant Business Management Systems).
- Provide transportation scheduling for Clinical Shadow Runs, QA medical runs, fingerprint runs and back up for any Special Clinical Required Classes such as AWOHNN, TNCC etc.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- (5%)- Other duties as assigned by Director of Cultural Transitions
- Received - Supervisor provides instruction and direction through personal observation, individual conferences, specific directive, and written memoranda.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly occasionally.
Education, Training and Experience
- Preferred Associates degree; will consider other qualifications and a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment. Standard office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Policy Making and/or Interpretation
- Administer Avant regulations, policies and procedures
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
External: Regular contact with vendors.
- Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Failure to safeguard confidentiality of records could result in severe embarrassment to Avant Healthcare Professionals, and possibly impart severe damage to the life and well-being of an employee
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required
- HIPAA certification required