Location: Maitland, FL
Reports to: AVP of Information Technology
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Data Architect will be responsible for data integrity and governance across the organization’s products. This role will work with designated product owners to regularly review their data and provide guidance on how to maintain a secure and consistent data repository. The Data Architect will be responsible to create and maintain data integrity across our platforms and our Salesforce environment. This position works closely using third party APIs and tools to integrate with applications. The Data Architect will examine new data system requirements and implement data migration models using ETL tools.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Maintain knowledge and understand data migration and application integration tools such as Zapier, Workato, and Gathr.one
- Integrate data across applications to support, extract, transform, and load ETL activities
- Transform and migrate data between platforms
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations
- Prepare architect reports for senior management and provide support in system migrations
- Assist in defining data strategy for the organization’s business transformation project
- Work with cross-functional teams and the Software Development team to plan initiatives, and to analyze and resolve technical problems
- Examine and resolve data related performance and scalability issues
- Find application bottlenecks and devise solutions as needed
- Perform testing of data integration and business application solutions to identify and resolve defects
- Prepare technical process-improvement reports and project information to IT leadership, and stakeholders
- Partner with IT leaders to maintain high customer satisfaction and strong relationships with project stakeholders
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years required related experience planning and leading data delivery and integration between business applications and external data repositories
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, and proficiency with data architectural design, organization, and development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office)
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.