Document Control Specialist
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Document Control
Reports to: Licensure & Document Control Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position
Under the supervision of the Document Control Manager, the Document Control Specialist is responsible for collecting the necessary documents to compose complete and accurate electronic files for each Healthcare Professional coming through the program within the specified time frame.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Processes files received from recruitment team and ensures they are fully completed within 30 days
- Communicates and ensures the monthly departmental goals and objectives are met
- Tracks all documents sent from healthcare professional (HCP) and continuously follows up on the submittal of required documents via phone, email and WhatsApp during the 30-day file completion timeframe
- Ensures high level accuracy and quality of the electronic file for each healthcare professional (HCP) moving through the Avant program
- Monitors timelines and deadlines to identify potential delays and proactively escalates issues to the manager, as needed
- Ensures all documents are uploaded into the HCP database file (QuickBase), while ensuring all data is accurate and complete
- Submits updated reports to manager as needed
- Collaborates with other Avant departments to ensure healthcare professionals experience a smooth transition as they go through the program
- Builds rapport and trust with healthcare professionals (HCP) as they go through the onboarding process at Avant
- Represents the Avant Healthcare program in a professional manner
- Ability to multitask, work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and assimilate new and varied information quickly and efficiently
- Administrative duties and recordkeeping – database management and data entry, report creation
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of Associate degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft office, Outlook, Adobe, and data-entry
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.