Employee Support Services Specialist I
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Field HR
Reports to: ESS Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The ESS Specialist I is responsible for providing support and constant communication with all Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) as they adjust to life and work in the United States. This role will pre-empt contract issues to prevent escalation and resolve concerns for HCPs. The ESS Specialist I will also collaborate with other departments to develop new solutions and strategies to best provide effective logistical and emotional support to HCPs.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Serve as a main point of contact and support for HCPs on assignment by offering support, advice, and solutions when needed
- Schedule and communicate with HCPs in person, via phone, text, email, instant messaging, etc.
- Assist HCPs in dealing with any physical, psychological, and emotional aspects of moving within one state or state to state, and internationally to the U.S.
- Identify the needs of HCPs and provide coaching and help improve a situation or resolve a conflict
- Pre-empt and resolve issues that may lead to termination of contract by client or employee
- Build trust and professional meaningful relationships with HCPs for their retention and success
- Collaborate with internal departments to effectively develop unique plans of action to persuade, support, and solve problems including but not limited to Client Services and Clinical Operations.
- Attend various weekly meetings to report updates, concerns, and issues and be involved in seeking the best solution for HCPs and internal departments
- Collaborate with the Clinical Team on CARE process as needed
- Manage HCPs personal time off and continuing education requests
- Operate and update company database and reports and communicate updates to all necessary parties
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree in communications, psychology/counseling, business administration, or related degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 1 year in counseling, customer service, global mobility, or business fields, or equivalent experience required
- Experience working / living outside the U.S. preferred
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with people from other cultures and diverse backgrounds?
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.