Employee Support Services Specialist
Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: ESS Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The ESS Specialist provides support and keeps in constant communication with all Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) on staff as they adjust to life and work in the USA. In addition, the Employee Support Specialist is responsible for supporting and coordinating all details of the transition process during the United States Transitions Program (USTP).
Essential Functions of The Job
- Serve as second point of contact and support for international Healthcare Professionals during the entire transition program (from pre-arrival to assignment location) offering support, advice, and solutions whenever necessary. This support is in person, via phone, text, email, instant messaging, etc.
- Assist International Healthcare Professionals in dealing with any physical, psychological, and emotional aspects of moving within one state, state to state, and internationally to the US.
- Guide and assist International Healthcare Professionals in apartment search finalizations, to include school search, childcare, budgeting and purchasing a vehicle.
- Identify the needs of International Healthcare Professionals and provide coaching to help them acclimate to the United States.
- Build trust and professional meaningful relationships with field staff employees for their retention and success.
- Work as a team with other departments to effectively develop unique plans of action to persuade, support, and solve problems in relation to field staff employees.
- Attend various weekly meetings to report updates, concerns, and issues and be involved in seeking the best solution for all parties (International Healthcare Professionals, Clients, Internal Departments).
- Conduct Culture Shock and other orientation lectures.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Team during the remediation process.
- Operate ABMS systems and update company database and reports and communicate updates to all necessary parties.
- Present United States Transition Program Lectures and Webinars in a group, one on one, and/or virtual setting as needed.
- Travel as needed with International Healthcare Professionals to assignment location as needed to ensure successful relocation.
- Travel as needed to client locations for International Healthcare Professionals retention visits.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Associate’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s degree in communications, psychology/counseling, business administration, or related degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience in counseling, customer service, or business fields required.
- Experience working/living outside the U.S. preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with people from other cultures and diverse backgrounds
- Ability to build strong relationships with assigned HCPs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and clean driving record
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Travel may be required
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required