Executive/HR Admin Assistant
Location: Casselberry, Florida
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: VPHR & Compliance
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the VPHR & Compliance, this position provides administrative support to the Executive and the HR Team. Duties will include filing, scheduling, assisting with expense reporting, preparing PowerPoint and other presentation materials, tracking and reporting on key metrics, coordination of meetings and conferences, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects as assigned. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in HR practices or procedures. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively. The Executive Assistant should be familiar with office management technologies. You should be able to address the needs of the Executive and HR Team, and perform administrative tasks to ensure that the company's workflows run smoothly, effectively, and efficiently in regards to operations and HR function.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Provides high quality/level administrative support to the VPHR & all HR functions as needed (recruitment, benefits, organizational development, ESS, day-to-day HR) while ensuring strict confidentiality
- Organizes and manages daily and complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department/organizational activities
- Creates and develops visual presentations
- Assists in corporate new hire orientation: print new hire materials, send out calendar invites, order lunch, set up rooms, give an office tour, assign online trainings
- Assists in HCP benefit orientation: print materials and prepare packets, set up cart, update presentations
- Provides necessary support for employees and new hires, and responds/acts with a sense of urgency to inquiries and time-sensitive situations while maintaining positive employee/new hire relations
- Maintains accurate HR data and updates internal databases and filing systems as required
- Opens and distributes mail for Executive & HR Team daily. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information as directed.
- Works independently and within a team on departmental projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request Executive & HR Team members, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Develops/proof reads professional communications including, but not limited to: new hire announcements, HR section of the monthly newsletter, employee reminders, new hire welcome emails
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as Clients, to coordinate a variety of meetings for all HR functions
- Assists with compliance matters such as I-9s as needed
- Able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position and core hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate degree required; Bachelor degree in HR or Business would be a plus
- Minimum 6 + years related experience in an executive administrative function
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment
- Prior experience with project management and/or event coordination preferred
- Prior experience with support in a human resources department preferred
- Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, Federal Express and UPS
- Professional appearance and manner
- Strong ability in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and Adobe
- Intermediate competency with electronic database management and HRIS software preferred
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position:
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain the security of such information
- Failure to safeguard the confidentiality of records could result in severe embarrassment to Avant Healthcare Professionals, and possibly impart severe damage to the life and well-being of an employee
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required