IT Business Analyst
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: VP of Information Technology
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
This highly visible position reports to the VP of Information Technology and serves the business needs of Finance and Accounting (F&A) operations (indirectly reporting to the EVP of Finance and Strategic Operations). The IT Business Analyst serves as a senior liaison between F&A operations and Technology teams to maximize F&A technology investments for Avant. The IT Business Analyst works closely with the Finance and Accounting management team to analyze processes, solve problems, and automate operations to generates insights that lead to better decision-making and value creation for Avant. The IT Business Analyst possesses strong business system analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills. They have a demonstrable proficiency supporting the creation and maintenance of F&A requirements, applications, and system reports. The IT Business Analyst may serve as Project Manager for Finance-related projects and work with the Leadership team to identify and status project requirements, team resources, deliverables, phases, milestones, risks, issues, and the project budget.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Participate with F&A and IT Management to establish system objectives and priorities; execute plans to improve F&A systems as per these objectives.
- Maintain a deep understanding of process flow (payroll, billing, collection, cash posting), business office functions, and preparation of financial data for processing.
- Interface with the technology team to maximize technology investments.
- Work with staff to prepare documentation, and training materials for new or changed F&A applications.
- Gather and develop functional requirements for new F&A applications based on meeting with stakeholders and key users to develop an understanding of the need.
- Work with F&A staff to ensure company-sensitive data remains secure, and privacy and document retention requirements are met.
- Validate data integrity to ensure information is always accurate.
- Serve as Project Manager for Finance-related projects as needed.
- Participate in development of F&A applications as required to adapt to new or renewed business processes.
- Communicate requirements and changes effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Maintain knowledge of trends /developments in F&A technology, and assess and communicate developments that would benefit Avant.
- May provide support to other business areas of the company as needed.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Ensure SOP’s are up to date and clear to help non-technical end users manage workflows as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. May be required to work outside of standard business hours to meet departmental and company goals.
Experience and Education
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Computer Science or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with financial process flow and related systems (payroll, billing, collection, cash posting), business office functions, and preparing financial data for processing.
- PMP certification highly desirable
- Experience working with complex workflows (Sage Intacct, Kronos, and Quick Base experience desirable).
- Deep understanding of business process redesign principles, tools, and techniques.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office 365 suite, especially Excel data analysis.
- Experience with project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of organizational change management and risk mitigation.
- Experience undertaking cost / benefit analyses and application justification.
- Familiarity with document retention / compliance frameworks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification (training provided).
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation.
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards.
- Must relay information orally.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. The role operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: Daily contact with other corporate staff members.
- External: Occasional contact with clients and vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.
- HIPAA certification required.