Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Essential Functions of The Job
- Provide support in the provisioning and use of computer hardware and software.
- Set up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level
- Install and configures software, and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals
- Test programs prior to launch
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, implement corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalate to other technical resources as appropriate
- Maintain systems, databases, web pages, and IT technical documentation
- Administer user accounts
- Design and produce reports as required by the departments at Avant
- Transfer computer files and data between platforms
- Provide basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment
- Assist with testing computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose hardware and software problems
- Act as a customer liaison for communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems
- Work on and complete IT service tickets as per established company SOPs and performance metrics
- Lead a technical team to complete IT operations or projects as directed by the IT Manager
- Train and coach IT Coordinators and / or IT specialists as directed by the IT Manager
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of an associate degree in Computer Information System or related technology degree required
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in IT Support, working on and completing IT service tickets.
- Must have a good understanding of Windows troubleshooting, and network configuration
- Must have a good understanding of cloud and web-based services, HTML and web servers and web browsers.
- Must be able to work with various databases, have a basic understanding of SQL, Structured Query Language.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Experience leading a technical team to conduct IT operations or to complete projects.
- Experience training and coaching IT Coordinators and / or IT specialists.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Policy Making and/or Interpretation
- Comprehend and abide by Avant regulations, policies and procedures
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with clients and vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required
- HIPAA certification required