Learning and Development Specialist II
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Organizational Development
Reports to: AVP of Organizational Development
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Organizational Development (OD) at Avant Healthcare Professionals focuses on the development of people, processes, and performance (results) at an individual, departmental, and enterprise level. The Learning and Development (L&D) role is primarily responsible for proactive and reactive interventions geared toward the development of people and performance through the development and implementation of training programs. This role is also responsible for identifying process development opportunities, supporting change initiatives, and running program assessments as needed. The Specialist II role operates with minimal oversight from OD leadership to fulfill essential job duties.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Use the ADDIE and Kirkpatrick models, in collaboration with our change management associates, to design and deliver online and live audience training programs. This includes learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, and lesson plans with the goal of enhancing associate effectiveness in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- With the assistance of the senior members of the department, plan and implement programs to improve overall employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, and talent development.
- Review needs assessments and program evaluations to improve L&D deliverables organization wide, escalating issues to the Specialist III and OD leadership
- Plan, facilitate, and oversee all corporate webinars, workshops, and lunch & learns which are designed to develop our greater associate population with essential skills for overall success. This includes creating the online content summarizing the lunch and learn information into our Essentials to Success page and leading the Trainual forum discussions.
- Promote the use of our self-directed development tool – Blue Ocean Brain.
- Develop and manage content in our corporate LMS including assigning participants and driving completion rates of programs – most often our compliance and new hire training.
- Support the employee engagement committee including activities, events, and use of our employee engagement platform called the HERO Program.
- Lead department training, team building, collaboration, and manager assimilation sessions upon request.
- Manage buddy program assignments and activities and resolve small conflicts in the process.
- Build and manage content in our company LMS, including the Leadership Toolbox, associate content, and other support staff materials.
- Provide consultative services regarding the development of process improvement and talent development tools, in support of strategy development, strategy execution, and employee development.
- Provide tangible assistance to the other departments that create content for our field staff including our NCLEX, Cultural Transitions, Nursing Education, and Employee Support departments.
- Support OD leadership in strategizing solutions for employee development.
- Partner with each hiring manager to assist them in creating the 100-day department training plans.
- Responsible for maintaining the OD SOPs for L&D.
- Serve as a backup facilitator for the corporate orientation “Boot Camp” experience, as needed.
- Serve as the co-chair of the Avant Impact Committee.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related business or education field required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Talent Development Certification from the Association of Talent Development, DDI, or similar organizations required.
- At least 3 years of related OD/L&D experience required.
- At least 4 years of experience in the business environment (business corporate environment preferred)
- Experienced use of learning and evaluation models (ADDIE and Kirkpatrick) required
- LMS content creation experience or exposure required.
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge and continued training in employment law, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and development desired.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment required (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
- Must have strong public speaking and presentation skills with experience.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required