Nursing Education Manager
Location: Casselberry, Florida
Department: Nursing Education
Reports to: Director of Nursing Education
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Pre-Arrival Nursing Educator is responsible for delivering and maintaining a comprehensive review program and assisting to develop strategies to improve preparedness for arrival in the USA. The Pre-Arrival Nursing Educator evaluates the effectiveness of initiatives, creates new methods to improve clinical performance and proposes developments in curriculum to address deficiencies in subject matter areas. The Educator serves as a mentor and facilitator for candidates; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility. The Pre-Arrival Nursing Educator conducts and monitors webinar workshops and tutorials, and develops methods to ensure graduates are ready to practice nursing in the USA on arrival.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Act as the Instructor and point of contact for Pre-Arrival Nursing Candidates regarding all preparation, study, and testing related questions and issues.
- Liaise with pre-arrival coordinators to ensure candidates remain on track with the program.
- Maintain ongoing communication throughout the core and specialty phases of the review with all candidates, and maintain appropriate database records.
- Ensure up to date database records for all candidates.
- Create webinars and implement content as needed based on observed trends.
- Liaise with pre-arrival coordinator to ensure all appropriate schedule information and course instructions are sent out in a timely manner.
- Determine any potential issues that may cause a delay in the program and address as appropriate or escalate to Director of Nursing Education.
- Ensure projected testing timelines are adhered to by all candidates and update accordingly.
- Ensure up-to-date database records for study progress, phone call follow-up, etc.
- Ensure coordinators send schedule and instructions for Core and Specialty modules.
- Review progress with Pre-Arrival coordinator throughout each phase of the review. Update ABMS re. any concerns or delays.
- Respond to individual student emails requesting assistance or follow-up.
- Outline and deliver individualized remediation plan as appropriate for candidates where issues or concerns are identified during the pre-arrival timeframe
- Provide coaching as needed to individual students should issues or concerns be identified during the pre-arrival process.
- Record Grade of student for Placed and Pending meeting each week and attend meeting as required
- Indicate in ABMS when RN has progressed to a point that they are ready to complete clinical on arrival.
- Ensure expenses are entered into ‘Expensify’.
- Complete check-in calls to advise students on progress, recommend remediation, and trouble-shoot.
- Review Candidates progress in ABMS – tests on-track with schedule, score trends, likelihood of meeting date projections.
- Present webinars and liaise with Director of nursing Education regarding roll out of content as needed based on trends.
- Conduct 4 x weekly webinar sessions at 4 separate times, 2 x theory and 2 x skills based video lectures.
- Ensure Avant Pre-Arrival review addresses aspects of preparation that international candidates struggle with Sterile Techniques/ Delegation/HCAHPS/Prioritization/Sens of Urgency etc.
- Discuss practice questions with individual students and groups as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to admin regarding resets of tests in Learn Upon or other learning systems
- Update Director of Nursing Education of any concerns or delays in the candidate’s progress.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration required.
- Current Registered Nurse License required.
- Must have at least 2-3 years of previous experience, within the previous five years, as a registered nurse providing direct patient care or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Three to five years previous experience teaching courses related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing or clinical education within a hospital or university setting
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Experience with MS Office
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Valid, clear and unrestrictive Nursing License for the State of Florida
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Failure to safeguard confidentiality of records could result in severe embarrassment to Avant Healthcare Professionals, and possibly impart severe damage to the life and well-being of an employee
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required