Nursing Pre-Assessment Specialist
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Global Recruitment
Reports to: Recruitment Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Nursing Pre-Assessment Specialist (NPAS) will be primarily responsible to pre-qualify Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) inquiring to the Avant Healthcare program. Assessment will be in conjunction with the Ideal RN Profile and minimum criteria for U.S. licensure and immigration; this will include, but not be limited to, the pre-qualification and pre-screen stages of the recruitment process. The NPAS will research international facilities and update internal databases accordingly and , in conjunction with the Nurse Recruiter, create and develop clinical based pre-assessment tools to assess HCPs fully against U.S. standards while identifying concerns or deficiencies in skills and experience. This role will be responsible for analyzing incoming applications in response to various marketing campaigns and liaising with the marketing team to drive specific applicant activity to meet program criteria.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Pre-qualify and as needed clinically screen new inquiries against Avant program criteria and requirements and determine if HCP should progress to the formal pre-screen process
- Clinically screen and assess international nurses as required to determine their clinical skills, background and clinical setting to ensure suitability for the Avant Healthcare Program.
- Secure additional information including but not limited to a resume, hospital information, biographical information , NCLEX results and English language results to ensure screening can be completed
- The purpose of the clinical screening will be to eliminate any ambiguity regarding the HCP’s clinical background, setting, qualifications etc.
- Screenings will be completed by phone, skype or in person and will consist of but not be limited to: Overview of professional nursing experience, Specific skills based on their clinical setting and Assessment of the RN in line with baseline requirements to meet US standards to determine if HCP should move ahead to pre-screen or be declined
- Create and develop clinical based scenario questions and tools to comprehensively assess HCP’s against US standards and to effectively identify any concerns or deficiencies in their skills and experience
- Code and document the pre-assessment process and information in the Avant database (ABMS)
- Track and document specific concerns highlighted during the assessment process by RN, hospital, country, and qualification. Information will be communicated to Recruitment Manager and SVP for review and discussion
- Analyze incoming applications for quality against the Avant program standards and requirements and communicate with the marketing team to amend campaigns or focus on other clinical or geographical areas to secure a higher volume of qualified applicants
- Submit update reports to Manager as needed
- Attend and participate in meetings with other team members and departments
- Update database and reports to include tasks and journal notes
- Own and manage multiple schedules and miscellaneous projects.
- Provide and receive necessary feedback to fine-tune scheduling process.
- Update internal database (HCAT) with updated hospital information and recommendations
Assist with international recruitment events as required
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- BSN highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of current experience as a Registered Nurse in a variety of acute care clinical settings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Valid, clear and unrestrictive Nursing License required
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.