Payroll Systems Analyst III
Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Controller
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Payroll Systems Analyst III is responsible for defining, testing and delivery of payroll technology solutions to the Payroll team while partnering with the IT department or Director of Business Analysis, where development is required, and other internal departments or third-party vendors as needed, to ensure a seamless workflow of business processes. The Payroll Systems Analyst acts as the subject matter expert for the core payroll systems and is responsible for its proper operation. The Payroll Systems Analyst researches, designs, documents, and modifies solutions to help simplify current processes within all the department’s functional areas. This role is responsible to ensure data integrity, security, reporting and meeting overall business goals by performing quantitative and qualitative analysis for processes or managing small to medium projects or systems. The Payroll Systems Analyst will serve as project administrator for payroll and/or timekeeper-related projects.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Identify and design workflows of business processes within the company’s Kronos Workforce Dimensions HRIS timekeeping and payroll modules, and recommend changes in methods to improve specifically the effectiveness of HRIS capabilities
- Provide ongoing configuration of the core Kronos Workforce Dimensions HRIS payroll and timekeeping systems, ensuring appropriate functional arrangement.
- Work closely with the IT team and Director of Business Analysis to plan and develop requirements for data management and effective user interfaces
- Collaborate with the HR team and/or Director of Business Analysis to troubleshoot Kronos application errors and data problems to ensure proper end user functionality
- Analyze and evaluate Payroll/Finance business requirements and ensure that hardware/software solutions meet data management and end user needs.
- May be responsible for developing systems in-house or working with external vendors.
- Work with the HR, Payroll, and IT teams to ensure compliance with operational and regulatory requirements through the review, testing and implementation of upgrades, or enhancements
- Work with IT and/or Director of Business Analysis to test integration of systems and interfaces to operate seamlessly.
- Adhere and administer HR and Accounting security protocols in accessing, securing, and protecting confidential and sensitive payroll related data including the monitoring of access.
- Liaise with the Controller and Finance team to ensure employee pay related records follow the company retention policies and regulations guidelines
- Generate and maintain HRIS reporting for the payroll and timekeeping system as needed and improve data collection procedures
- Act as Payroll’s primary point of contact to resolve technical issues affecting the Kronos payroll or timekeeping system and partner with IT or HR as needed
- Research and report on all problems, corrections, and changes related to inquiries and escalations regarding HRIS payroll and timekeeping systems
- Partner with IT, HR, and other subject matter experts from other departments to review procedures and processes and provide recommendations to streamline processes while complying with company policies and governmental regulations
- Track and report progress on projects as required
- Review data inputs and assist with analyzing payroll and timekeeping reports to determine overall trends of the organization
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Create and maintain SOPs and user manuals
- Other duties as assigned
- Offer training and technical guidance to other company staff, where appropriate.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly to fulfill the duties of the position.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology or related field is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of hands-on Kronos system support experience, healthcare system a plus.
- Experience with timekeeping configurations required.
- Experience working with complex process workflows and databases (Kronos WFD (HCM/WFM/TA) and QuickBase experience preferred.
- Vendor management experience preferred
- Understanding of security administration, with high degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Understanding of business process redesign principles, tools, and techniques.
- Proficient with database management, Microsoft Office 365 suite, particularly Excel, and Adobe
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- IT/HRIS Data Privacy knowledge.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.