Software Developer I
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Essential Functions of The Job
- Develop design specifications for new applications with business stakeholders and other key users to develop an understanding of the need.
- Develop new applications based on design specifications.
- Test solutions to discover deficiencies before making the solution available to employees.
- Incorporate third-party integration tools such as Zapier and Workato to expand on functionality as required to meet business needs.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of all in-house applications and systems.
- Identify bottlenecks and devise solutions as needed.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of an Associate degree or higher in computer programming, or similar degree. A bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or related field is desired.
- At least 1 year of software development experience. Knowledge of Quick Base development platform highly desirable.
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, development and integration frameworks, integration tools, and Microsoft Windows.
- Integration experience using APIs, Zapier, Workato, or scripting languages.
- Experience with database management such as MS Access, MS SQLServer, or MySQL.
- General knowledge of computer hardware.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification (after hire).
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation.
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards.
- Must relay information orally.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: Daily contact with other corporate staff members.
- External: Occasional contact with clients and vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.
- HIPAA certification required.