Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international clinicians achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers opportunities for leadership roles, ongoing education and comprehensive professional development to all employees.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Software Developer will create and maintain applications used to meet rapidly changing business needs. The position requires designing, developing and testing code, scripts, forms, and reports for applications used company wide. As part of the design process, this role will work from business requirements and specifications documented by other individuals. The Software Developer will also assist other Developers and IT Support personnel by analyzing issues and supporting software-related service ticket requests.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Develop design specifications for new applications with business stakeholders and other key users to develop an understanding of the need.
- Translate business requirements from staff into software specifications and determine operation feasibility
- Develop new applications based on design specifications and make recommendations to improve efficiency
- Test solutions to discover deficiencies before making the solution available to employees
- Incorporate third-party integration tools such as Zapier and Workato to expand on functionality as required to meet business needs
- Design algorithms and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems
- Build interfaces (APIs) among applications to improve stakeholders’ processes
- Brainstorm solutions and ideas with Development team and appl
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Develop technical documentation to guide current and future software development projects
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of all in-house applications and systems
- Identify bottlenecks and devise solutions as needed
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. May be required to work outside of standard business hours to meet client requirements.
Education, Training, And Experience
- An Associate degree or higher in computer programming, software engineering, computer science or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1 year of software development experience.
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, development and integration frameworks, integration tools, and Microsoft Windows.
- Integration experience using APIs, Zapier, Workato, or scripting languages.
- Experience with database management such as MS Access, MS SQLServer, or MySQL.
- General knowledge of computer hardware.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain.
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required