Transitions Trip Support Specialist
Department: Cultural Transitions
Reports to: Cultural Transitions Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Essential Functions of The Job
- Assists HCPs with obtaining an apartment. To include, assisting with shopping for groceries and household furniture (i.e. mattress, furniture, all other household essentials, etc.), assist with furniture set up, apartment walk-through, lease signing, utility set up, etc.
- Assists HCPs with acquiring a vehicle (rental and/or purchase), which includes accompanying the HCP to the dealership and assisting with finalization of vehicle acquisition
- Assists HCPs with acquiring local cell phone service, voice mail set up, etc.
- Organizes and carries out tours of the HCP’s new neighborhoods in the assigned city, to insure they are properly acquainted with their new designated city (i.e. banks, post office, library, grocery stores, place of worship, parks, etc.)
- Accompanies the HCPs to the welcoming session at the Client facility, to meet manager and colleagues
- Provides logistical and emotional support during the moving process
- Coaches and advises Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) regarding day to day activities and new life in the USA
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Supports other departments with flight and travel arrangements, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of a High School degree or equivalent; Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service environment
- High level proficiency with online scheduling tools (google calendar, etc.)
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Must hold a valid driver license with a clean driving record
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Travel may be required
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required