Travel Specialist I
Location: Maitland, FL
Reports to: Travel Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Travel Specialist I participates in all activities related to the preparation of Healthcare Professional (HCP) travel in accordance to standard processes/procedures. This role assists in the research and collection of data related to pertinent international or domestic travel such as travel restrictions, guidance, and more. The Travel Specialist I also supports the Travel team on an on-call rotational basis after standard business hours in the event of any concerns or issues that arise related to HCP travel
Essential Functions of the Job
- Utilize Avant’s travel booking platforms to book; flights, hotel accommodations, rental cars, and any other needed arrangements for any travel associated with the Avant US Transition Program (USTP), relocations, NCLEX exam testing, and Avant’s CARE program.
- Research and identify individual travel arrangements for flights, hotels, transportation, and more that are a cost effective and efficiently logistical option for both the HCP and Avant
- Represent Avant professionally while serving as a liaison to partnered travel vendors and carriers such as but not limited to: booking services, airlines, hotels, rental services, and more.
- Distribute travel related itineraries, schedules, and provide standard pre-arrival communications to HCPs to confirm travel dates and airport departure details for their initial arrival for USTP, NCLEX, and CARE, requesting copies of the HCP’s visa if needed.
- Assist the Travel Specialists with researching and staying up to date with travel restrictions or required legal documents that may impact an HCP’s travel to the US, providing data and feedback to the Travel Manager.
- Communicate and collaborate directly with HCPs regarding their travel arrangements, answering questions, or discussing any special requests or accommodations needed such as but not limited to; flight and/or baggage reimbursements, traveling with family, and more.
- Collaborate with the Immigration and Licensure teams to confirm visa and/or licensure issuances for HCPs in order to proceed with planned travel arrangements.
- Review and monitor internal reports on a regular basis to prepare when and what kind of travel arrangements must be made for an HCP
- Proactively assist the Travel team in identifying any potential issues that may cause a delay with an HCP’s travel arrangements or scheduled dates and communicate accordingly to Travel Specialist III and/or the Travel Manager for escalation.
- Assist the Travel Specialists and Travel Manager in researching opportunities for new travel vendors as needed, that best suit the changing needs of Avant and the HCPs
- Collaborate with various teams in the Logistics department to request and arrange for all necessary airport transportation, NCLEX test-site transportation and Avant housing needs.
- Attend weekly Logistics travel meetings and other departmental team meetings as needed.
- Review and collect any documents associated with HCP flight and/or baggage reimbursements and provide to the Travel Coordinator for processing
- Act as a backup support member for the Travel Coordinator as needed or required
- Process and submit any HCP travel related expenses through internal payment systems to meet weekly and monthly accounting deadlines.
- Update and maintain the accuracy of internal Avant databases, files, schedules and more.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Must be available for an on-call rotation to assist outside of standard business hours in the event of any reservation changes, concerns or issues related to HCP travel that may require assistance.
- Associate’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, tourism management, business administration, or other applicable area of study preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in customer service, hospitality, concierge, logistics and/or related experience and/or training required
- Experience within the travel industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relay detailed travel instructions to others
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Strong sense of urgency with high priority tasks and able to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.