VP of Marketing
Location: Maitland, FL
Reports to: President
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for overseeing the Marketing department, developing various marketing initiatives based on company goals that will promote growth and customer/client satisfaction. The role will be responsible for business and market development, customer/client management, market research, and strategic direction for promotion and advertising. This position will gather customer, competitor, and market intelligence to support new product development. The Vice President of Marketing will also lead the strategic direction, planning, and budget of the Marketing division.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Direct and oversee the strategic operations of the Marketing division, and supervise/coach managers to ensure departmental goals and objectives are met
- Lead the Marketing team by building and increasing brand awareness by creating strategic marketing plans across multiple communication channels
- Establish and implement short and long-range division goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Monitor industry trends for market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short term and long-term market forecast reports
- Identify and develop new marketing programs and channels and provide recommendations that will drive incremental growth and revenue for the organization
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to establish successful support, channel, and partner programs and improve marketing automation, advertising, and outreach
- Partner with the Sales and Business Development department to secure new business and negotiate contracts with prospective clients including pricing and terms agreeable to the organization
- Manage and develop key customer/client relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results
- Develop and manage marketing budgets and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets
- Monitor activity/KPIs within the division, delegate tasks, and follow up as needed
- Oversee the screening and selection process of new vendors
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process for the Marketing team
- Direct lead generation strategies, data capture solutions, and back-end integration of lead capture to develop customer communication strategies across a multichannel platform to build customer engagement
- Develop and direct recruitment strategies, data capture solutions and back-end integration of lead capture
- Represent Avant by attending in-person meetings with customers and partners, PR and social media events, trade shows, and conferences as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field required, Master’s degree or MBA preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in a senior-level marketing position
- Experience within the healthcare staffing industry preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask multiple priorities simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Extensive experience managing and fostering long term relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including PR
- Proficient with the tools of the trade in Marketing including, Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and website development, communication software, graphic design, and creative services
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Travel required based on business and client need
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.