Location: Casselberry, Florida
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: VPHR & Compliance
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the VPHR & Compliance, this position oversees all systems and documentation relating to compliance and adherence to all regulatory bodies. This position exists primarily to ensure HR compliance in the areas of policies, procedures, records retention, I-9 employment eligibility verification, E-verify, background screening/testing process, Affirmative Action, workers’ compensation, and leave administration. Core job duties are time sensitive and highly confidential. Along with HR Compliance responsibilities, this position will assist in general HR and administrative responsibilities as assigned, as well as provide back-up for the Benefits & Payroll Specialist.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Assists in the development and implementation of compliance programs for the organization.
- Ensure compliance and consistency on all pre-hire requirements including, but not limited to, applicant tracking for Affirmative Action, background screening, drug testing, etc.
- Responsible for updating the IMAGE program employer manual and managing the employment eligibility verification process and E-Verify, for corporate and on-the-field employees, to guarantee 100% compliance with I-9 guidelines
- Manage worker’s compensation, including, but not limited to: processing FROI, monitoring claims, coordinating RTW, OSHA compliance
- Stay up to date on human resources laws and regulations to maintain a good working knowledge and understanding of State and Federal guidelines, including but not limited to, Affirmative Action Plans (AAP), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Department of Labor (DOL), Federal Civil Rights Laws, etc.
- Monitor and audit internal programs, produce written reports identifying improper procedures or documentation, research issues, and make recommendations to improve policies and procedures to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines
- Implement internal compliance programs and work with key stakeholders to create and enhance business processes through continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective and compliant company-wide records retention program
- Design and deliver presentations to improve quality, efficiency and productivity in support of job responsibilities
- Participate/prepare for compliance audits (internal and external)
- Attend various meetings as applicable to the position’s duties and responsibilities
- Process and handle Benefits and Leave Administration in absence of the Benefits & Payroll Specialist
- Assist in the recruiting/onboarding process for new hires as needed
- Able to contribute to the attainment of specific departmental and company goals and results
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Work with the key department stake holders to establish departmental SOPs and a cross-training plan to ensure coverage.
- Other clerical or operational duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position and standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years related experience required
- Experience implementing and/or managing programs/projects
- Be thorough and accurate in their work and plan and organize their time and resources efficiently
- Strong ability in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Work, Outlook) and Adobe
- Intermediate competency with electronic database management and HRIS software preferred
Required Licenses, Certifications and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain the security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required