Director of Clinical Education
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Clinical Education
Reports to: VP of Clinical Operations
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Essential Functions of The Job
- Manage the Clinical Transitions and Clinical Preparation Program teams, including involvement in interviewing and hiring department staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of Clinical Transitions and Clinical Preparation Program team personnel and assure sufficient staff levels to meet departmental goals in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President of Clinical Operations.
- Develop, maintain, and implement nursing policies and procedures in a manner consistent with Avant’s mission, vision and values.
- Ensure departmental policies and procedures conform to the standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operations policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the current federal and state laws and regulations that apply to the practice of nursing in a variety of settings.
- Maintain current knowledge, at the expert level, of trends in nursing and clinical education, adult learning principles, and theoretical models for nursing practice and training.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Operations, establish and maintain the strategic long-term vision for the department.
- Evaluate key metrics and implement solutions as required.
- Communicate and interpret policies and procedures to nursing staff while monitoring staff practices.
- Facilitate and participate in management team meetings, daily huddles, team meetings, and offsite meetings to discuss company and departmental goals.
- Collaborate with clients, Healthcare Professionals, and other Avant departments to ensure delivery of high-quality service and successful client and employment relationships
- Participates as an active member of Avant’s Leadership Team.
Managerial Functions of The Job (if applicable)
- Direct the daily operations of the clinical education programs
- Assess HCPs for safe and effective nursing practice in general and specialty nursing areas
- Plan and coordinate staffing needs to meet current and future training demands
- Evaluate, coach, and remediate clinical educators’ teachings to be in line with current CTP and CPP curriculum
- Evaluate, refine, and develop core and specialty curriculums in line with a theoretical model
- Assess clinical outcomes resulting from the CTP and CPP programs and adjust curriculum to optimize outcomes at the client site.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Clinical Operations
- Supervise a team of fulltime, part time, and PRN clinical educators
- Supervise a team of administrative support personnel
- Supervise the learning of HCPs enrolled in the clinical transitions and clinical preparation programs
Normal Work Schedule
Education, Training, And Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business, or Healthcare required
- Minimum of 10 years of clinical nursing experience
- Minimum of 5 years of direct supervision experience, preferred
- Proven ability to lead and direct employees as well as develop workflow process to generate results
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Proven ability to work through complex problems and influence outcomes
- Proven ability to develop and evaluate nursing curriculum.
- Proven ability to work in a matrixed environment
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse License
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or listen
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must have the ability to travel throughout the United States by plane and car
- Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions
- Is free to plan work assignments and schedule to meet long-term goals and objectives
- Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions
- Performs a wide range of complex tasks
- Must independently manage a large group performing varied tasks
- Persuade or explain complex issues in person or by phone
- Ability to withstand moderate amounts of stress
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment along with clinical patient care equipment
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with external stakeholders and suppliers
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required