IT Specialist I
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Support Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international clinicians achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers opportunities for leadership roles, ongoing education, and comprehensive professional development to all employees.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The IT Specialist I is responsible for completing internal hardware/software support and maintenance tickets. This role is responsible for troubleshooting hardware and basic to intermediate software problems, document solutions, assists with the execution of the network and application security measures put in place by the IT Operations Manager, and assisting IT Coordinators with the set up and provisioning of new computers as necessary.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Provide basic troubleshooting to new and existing users with hardware (PCs, printers, servers) and software problems, escalating to Specialists and IT Support Manager for more complex issues
- Assist the IT Coordinators with the provisioning process, including but not limited to the set up and configuration of new PCs, cellphones, desks, and other peripherals
- Assist the IT Coordinators with the deprovisioning process to ensure all access has been revoked
- Provide support to IT Coordinators for escalated tickets for printers, servers, basic software applications, and related equipment
- Assist Specialist II & Specialist III with the implementation of the Information Security plan to mitigate Cybersecurity threats.
- Reach out to internal customers to gather further information to complete IT service tickets
- Maintain and update systems, IT databases, web pages as needed to ensure users have the proper permissions/access
- With the assistance of IT Specialists and direct supervisor, update user manuals, training guides and internal SOPs
- Act as an internal customer liaison for communicating, resolving, and initiating the resolution of problems
- Assist IT Coordinators with installing and configuring software and escalate as needed
- Set-up / configure computer hardware and peripherals per users’ request
- Assist IT Specialists II and III with testing new programs and applications prior to launch
- Create Quick Base and Power BI reports as directed by the IT Support Manager
- Transfer computer files and data between platforms
- Work on and complete basic IT service tickets as per established company SOPs
- Provide general support and training to IT Coordinators as directed by the IT Support Manager
- Contact IT vendors for troubleshooting hardware/software issues
- Assist on establishing department SOPs in collaboration with other team members upon supervisor’s approval
- Assist in small/mid complexity tasks to ensure department meets project deadlines
- Act as a backup support member for IT Coordinator as needed
- Attend department and team meetings as needed
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Associate degree in Computer Information System or related technology degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience3 years of experience in an IT Support role installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining computer hardware and software.
- Experience using IT service ticket software
- Good understanding of Windows troubleshooting and application security
- Good understanding of cloud and web-based services, HTML and web servers and browsers
- Excellent customer service skills
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.