Location: Casselberry, Florida
Reports to: Licensing Coordinator – Team Lead
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Licensure Coordinator will process all aspects of credentialing for Registered Nurses working through the Avant process. Responsible to ensure this is done in a timely, efficient and effective manner and trouble shoot issues. Maintain database with accurate records and ensure all other requirements for licensure purposes are current for each applicant and communicate progress and timelines to HCP and internal Avant Departments.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Processes credentialing applications with CGFNS or other credentialing companies for all Registered Nurses in the Avant program for purposes of NCLEX, Placement and VisaScreen Certification.
- Communicates with and guides the HCP’s through the application process and provides ongoing support as they go through credentialing
- Communicates directly with the applicable credentialing agency (CGFNS, Silny, etc.) to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ensures deadlines are met for issuance of CGFNS reports required for licensure and immigration.
- Tracks and coordinates receipt of required documents from all third-party entities, which include but are not be limited to:
- Foreign boards of nursing, US Boards of Nursing, Foreign Nursing Schools, English competency agencies, Background check companies, Fingerprint agencies
- Maintains up to date standard emails, instructions and documentation for the internal credentialing process for CGFNS and other credentialing applications
- Updates Avant databases and all applicable candidate records and reports
- Requests and processes payments through the PMS system and Expensify for all licensure related costs
- Ensures all receipts and records of payment are inputted to meet weekly accounting deadlines
- Attends and participates in meetings with other team members and departments as necessary
- Attends 1:1 meetings with Licensing Coordinator -Team Lead to discuss escalated issues, actual and potential resolutions and provide the team with feedback and direction
- Submits updated reports to Team Lead as needed
- Communicates updated information to other Avant departments as required
- Assists with other administrative duties and recordkeeping – database, reports
- Represents in a professional manner the Avant Healthcare program and builds rapport and trust with applicants as they process with Avant
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate degree required.
- At least 2-3 years of related experience, or a combination of education and experience will be accepted
- Advanced data entry and typing skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite tools, including but not limited to: outlook, Microsoft word
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities at once
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior Nursing Board experience preferred
Required Licenses, Certifications and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors and government agencies
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required