Transportation Coordinator (FT)
Location: Casselberry, Florida
Department: Cultural Transitions
Reports to: Transportation Team Lead and/or Director of Cultural Transitions
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
This position will be primarily responsible for transporting and escorting our Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) to various locations throughout the state of Florida for employment related appointments.
Transportation trips include, but are not limited to:
- Social Security Office
- Bank Visits
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Testing Centers (not limited to Central Florida)
- Hospital Facilities
- LabCorp / Quest for pre-employment diagnostic testing
- Health Department for medical appointments
- Centra Care for medical appointments
- Police Station / Fingerprint Processing Centers
- Orlando International Airport
Essential Functions of the Job
- Escort/accompany HCPs for runs such as Shadowing at Hospital Facilities, SS Run, Bank Visits, DMV etc.
- Confirm and track HCPs attending runs, using the final run schedule as a reference
- Track and Inspect Corporate vehicles for cleanliness and maintenance, and notify Team Lead and/or Transportation Scheduler with any updates/requests needed
- Schedule vehicle maintenance and cleaning
- Check fuel levels for corporate vehicles, and fuel vehicles as needed
- Check Schedule/Calendar on a regular basis for changes
- Provide an excellent Driving experience
- Provide excellent Customer Service
- High level of confidence with various methods of communication, email, phone, and in person
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervisor provides instruction and direction through personal observation, individual conferences, specific directive, and written memoranda.
Normal Work Schedule
Scheduling will vary depending upon various factors, so a flexible schedule is required. Hours will vary, however, should range between 30-40 hours per week.
Education, Training and Experience
- Required: High School Diploma, or equivalent education with and a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Safety Minded
- Flexible Schedule
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification – training will be provided
- Must have a valid US driver’s license and a clean driving record
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk and/or listen
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Potential travel for overnight trips
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
Policy Making and/or Interpretation
- Administer Avant regulations, policies and procedures
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Failure to safeguard confidentiality of records could result in severe embarrassment to Avant Healthcare Professionals, and possibly impart severe damage to the life and well-being of an employee
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required
- HIPAA certification required