What information does Avant collect?
Avant collects a range of personal information about you as a job applicant. This information includes:
- Your personal contact information such as name, address, email address, telephone numbers, Skype ID, WhatsApp number, and Viber number;
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience, and employment history including board test and licensure information, competency exam information, NCLEX exam information, and TOEFL exam information;
- Information supplied by your resume, interviews, and references;
- Information about your entitlement to work in the United States including gender, date of birth, country of birth, passport information and photo, and visa information;
- Where your spouse and/or family will come with you to the U.S., information about your marital and family status and information about your spouse’s and/or family’s immigration status including name, gender, date of birth, country of birth, passport information and photo, and visa information.
Avant also collects a range of personal information about you as a prospective employee including:
- Information necessary to enter into an employment contract such as job title and duties; compensation and benefits information; terms and conditions of employment; tax and banking details related to payroll, type and duration of employment, probationary period; and other information necessary to perform the terms of an employment contract;
- Business site or location; work schedule, job assignments; promotions and transfers; job performance; awards and accomplishments; training and development information; emergency contacts; photographic image; skills, talents, and career goals; appraisal ratings; hours worked and attendance; employee policy acknowledgments, position profile data; vacancies, and geographic indicators to fulfill its legitimate interests in managing the employment relationship.
- Education information, driving qualifications, information for taking the NCLEX exam.
- Information from clients regarding the job assignment process.
Avant collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, Avant collects personal information contained in the application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
Avant may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from licensing authorities or testing providers, and job assignment information from clients. Avant will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Your personal information will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems including email.
Why does Avant process personal information?
Avant needs to process personal information to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. It may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, Avant needs to process personal information to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is required to check and facilitate successful applicant's eligibility to work in the U.S. before employment starts.
Avant has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment and hiring process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants and prospective employees allows Avant to manage the recruitment, hiring, and client job assignment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment, decide to whom to offer a job, and decide which customer to assign the employee. Avant may also need to process data from job applicants and prospective employees to respond to and defend against legal claims.
Avant will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment, hiring, and placement process for which you have applied.
If your application is unsuccessful, your personal information will be deleted. Avant may keep your personal data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited. Avant will ask for your consent before it keeps your data for this purpose and you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment, hiring, and job assignment process. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
Avant also shares personal data with third party suppliers such as payroll companies to pay our employees and database application providers for recruitment purposes. Further, Avant shares personal information with former employers to obtain references for you, immigration authorities for visa purposes, licensing authorities and testing providers for qualification purposes, and clients for job assignment.
How does Avant protect your data?
Avant takes the security of your data seriously. It has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties. These security measures include:
- The use of pseudonymization and encryption of personal data where appropriate;
- Procedures and controls to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Procedures and controls to restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident;
- Procedures for regularly testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures for ensuring the security of the processing; and
- Procedures to ensure that data is not accessed, except by employees in the proper performance of their duties.
How long does Avant keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Avant will hold your data on file for 6 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If you agree to allow Avant to keep your personal data on file, Avant will hold your data on file for a further 6 months for consideration for future employment opportunities. At the end of that period or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment and kept in accordance with applicable data retention laws or for the time necessary to comply with legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Privacy rights for EU residents.
EU residents have the right to:
- access and obtain a copy of your personal information on request;
- require Avant to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require Avant to delete or stop processing your personal information, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your personal information data where Avant is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact John Townsley, VP HR & Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that Avant has not complied with your data protection rights, you can lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
International transfers of personal data.
Avant is located in the U. S. Therefore, if you reside outside of the personal data collected and processed about you will be transferred to the U.S. Although the U.S. does not have laws which the EU has designated as adequate to protect EU data, Avant has implemented the security measures described above to protect your personal data in connection with the transfer of your personal data to the U.S. You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Avant during the recruitment and employment contract. However, the transfer of your personal data to the U.S. is necessary for Avant to enter into and perform your employment contract. If you do not provide the information, Avant may not be able to properly process your application or enter into an employment agreement with you.