We are the leader in international staffing.
Avant Healthcare Professionals is recognized as the industry leader in providing unsurpassed clinical programs for internationally experienced healthcare professionals and our clients.
Avant’s innovative programs bridge the gap between clinical practice overseas and the Unied States. Our client support provides best practices on how to most effectively orient, transition and retain international healthcare professionals. We consistently receive feedback from clients that our comprehensive clinical programs not only maximize the their investment of time and resources but enhances their staff’s overall experience and success with an international staffing solution.
Our healthcare professionals can help stabilize your current staff, helping to reduce internal staff burnout and turnover due to the unique nature of our long-term assignments. You can depend on Avant Healthcare Professionals to provide a strong pipeline of internationally experienced nurses in all specialties to provide high-quality patient safety, quality, and satisfaction.
Our nurses have a significantly higher pass rate than the national average. Our seven-month NCLEX-RN® review program utilizes multiple resources including personalized coaching that covers all materials in the NCLEX-RN. Each of our nurses participates in our Clinical Preparation Program (CPP) which is specifically designed for international nurses transitioning to practice in the United States.
Subjects covered in our CPP include:
- Professionalism in healthcare
- EMR documentation practice
- HCAHPS and customer service
- Legal and ethical issues
- HIPAA and much more
Immigration & Licensure
Our experienced teams of immigration, legal counsel, licensing and credentialing personnel handle all aspects of processing and sponsoring our healthcare professional. Before a healthcare professional is eligible for assignment, he or she must:
- Clear a special visa screen process
- Pass the English language proficiency exam TOEFL or IELTS
- Have their foreign education evaluated for comparability to an identical U.S. education
- Apply for and pass the U.S. nursing licensing examination (NCLEX-RN)
- Have their foreign nursing license reviewed to make sure that it is authentic and unencumbered
Our personalized, comprehensive cultural and clinical transitions program is offered to each candidate as they transition to their new healthcare team and new home in the United States. Our program is designed specifically for international healthcare professionals to ensure their successful transition into our clients’ facilities.
Our Clinical Nursing Program (3 weeks) and our Clinical Therapy Program (2 weeks) include:
- Clinical and cultural differences for international healthcare professionals practicing in the U.S.
- Live lectures, online learning modules and role play scenarios
- Lab activities
- Shadowing experience
- For our nurses: Level II Trauma Center for nurses
- For our therapists: home health, hospital and outpatient settings
- Coursework materials from a leading provider of trusted content and professional solutions for practicing nurses
- Opioid treatment education for caring for addicted patients
Our Cultural Transitions Program (2 weeks) includes:
- "Phases of Culture Shock" curriculum to mentally prepare for cultural differences
- An introduction to American values and cultural attitudes
- Assistance in acquiring transportation, housing, schooling for children, etc.
- Driving in the U.S. with a certified driving instructor
- Meet and greet session with the clinical manager prior to their start date
- And more!
As our client partner, you will be assigned a client services manager from our team who is here to assist you throughout the length of your contract. Your client services manager is your personal contact for any questions you may have or support you may need.
Each healthcare professional is assigned a human resources (HR) specialist and clinical nurse manager throughout the length of their assignment. Their designated HR specialist and clinical nurse manager are in constant contact with them to provide support when needed.