Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Clinical Operations - Clinical Nursing
Reports to: Nursing Operations Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Nurse Manager is responsible for directing, organizing and supervising the work of an offsite nursing staff, which includes registered nurses (RNs) on long term contract assignments at our client companies located throughout the United States. The Nurse Manager will also provide clinical support to client healthcare facilities as needed in the absence of Director of Nursing.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Through effective and ongoing communication, the nurse manager evaluates the performance of staff nurses and manages performance management plans as necessary
- Mentors and coaches nursing staff on assignment
- Listens to concerns and provides counsel to help nursing staff while at the client site
- Motivates staff to strive for professional excellence through their assignment
- Provides nursing education in accordance with our established curriculum, as necessary
- Communicates effectively with clients to ensure that nurses are progressing through the orientation and transition period with success in the clinical environment
- Manages client relationships, ensures that realistic expectations are set in working with international nurses, and fosters class-leading outcomes, ensuring Avant maintains a superior reputation with each client.
- Collaborates and shares any relevant information with other Avant departments, especially ESS and Client Services, about nursing staff on assignment
- Stays up to date with current nursing practice standards and any relevant industry laws and regulations
- Complies with company policies and procedures
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Occasional travel to client sites as needed (10%)
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly and schedule may vary based upon the needs of Avant, the client, or the HCP.
Education, Training, And Experience
- BSN preferred, work experience may substitute for education
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 2 years of leading people in an acute healthcare setting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing practice, applicable rules and regulations and industry standards
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be an effective time manager and multi-tasker
- High energy, positive, enthusiastic, intelligent, articulate, persuasive
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the State of Florida
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required