Clinical Nursing Instructor
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Clinical Education
Reports to: Director of Clinical Education
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Clinical Nursing Instructor is responsible for teaching experienced internationally educated nurses in the classroom, skills lab and clinical environments. The instructor will need to assess nurses progress and learning needs in a timely manner during the 3-week Clinical Transitions Program (CTP).
Essential Functions of The Job
- Assist in the planning, development, and instruction of nursing courses to prepare internationally educated nurses to practice in the US
- Create an interactive learning environment such as, but not limited to, lecture, role-playing and simulation training
- Assess nurse’s learning needs based on feedback from the Clinical Preparation Program (CPP), skills checklists and other data prior to commencement of the CTP
- Review progress throughout the duration of the CTP and address any areas of concern
- Evaluate nurse’s clinical reasoning skills and provide coaching and support for further development
- Perform a clinical assessment of nurses struggling on assignment or those that have been terminated from assignment to prepare for remediation training
- Provide nurses with written and verbal feedback as part of a debrief after learning activities
- Ensure the goals and objectives of the clinical programs are communicated and upheld
- Collaborate with clinical and non-clinical departments to ensure proper candidate management through a team approach
- Confer with clinical team members regarding management of nurses upon commencement of assignment, to ensure successful placement
- Perform role of consultant or mentor to part-time clinical instructors with concerns regarding nurse progress and evaluation in the clinical environment
- Serve as liaison between Avant and various learning partners for shadowing and training experiences
- Provide timely and ongoing feedback to the VP of Clinical Operations or designee regarding individual nurse and group performance
- Ensure timely program revisions based on clinical standards and updates, client feedback and other key data
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- BSN Required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have hands-on patient care experience within the last 5 years
- Experience in an academic setting or teaching/precepting nurses in a clinical environment preferred
- Experience working within the Acute Care Hospital setting required; TNCC, AWHONN a plus
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Valid, clear, and unrestrictive Nursing License for the State of Florida
- BLS Required, ACLS preferred
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.