Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Licensing & Credentialing Manager
Summary of Position Role / Responsibilities
The Licensure Specialist will accurately process a variety of applications related to credentialing and licensing of Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), such as Registered Nurses (RNs) and Physical or Occupational Therapists (PTs/OTs), in preparation for their arrival to work within a facility in the US. This role will be responsible for ensuring all licensure and credentialing tasks are met prior to deadlines in an efficient manner. The Licensure Specialist also participates in researching and staying current on, requirements or regulations related to the licensure and credentialing process, for proper troubleshooting of issues that may arise.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Process all aspects of credentialing, licensure, and exam registrations (such as the NCLEX and English proficiency exams) for assigned HCPs, ensuring applicable deadlines are met.
- Track and coordinate applications through US State Licensure boards to include arranging, documenting and tracking information and documents from third parties agencies in order to fulfil the requirement for licensure for the assigned US State Board of Nursing.
- Research and maintain current requirements for US State Licensure boards and facilitate team knowledge sharing by documenting the process for each board in Avant databases.
- Facilitate the HCP’s NCLEX exam process by researching country Visa requirements for the testing location and processing the applicable visitor Visa application for the HCP.
- Work closely with the NCLEX Education team and the Travel team when an HCP is ready to take the NCLEX, by facilitating the correct itinerary and exam schedule for the HCP.
- Communicate and provide clear instructions to HCPs in the pre-arrival stage via phone or email regarding the NCLEX testing process, license renewals, applying for state RN licenses, and other tasks that may be required to move forward in the Avant program.
- Meet with HCPs face-to-face to assist them in applying for state RN licenses in preparation for facility placement.
- Communicate any potential delays or concerns regarding an HCPs placement to other Avant departments including but not limited to Client Services, Cultural and Clinical Transitions, Logistics, Quality Assurance and ESS.
- Coordinate payments through internal systems for all licensure related costs, and ensure any receipts and records of payment are inputted to meet month end accounting deadline
- Update and maintain Avant databases to ensure all applicable HCP records and reports are accurate.
- Update and submit reports to Manager as needed
- Attend and participate in meetings with other team members and departments to discuss escalated issues and potential resolutions
- Assist the Licensure Coordinators with credentialing duties and other departmental administrative duties as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of at least 3 years of experience processing legal applications or similar administrative duties
- Prior experience working with state licensing boards preferred
- Ability to quickly adapt and apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot issues
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication skills with people from other cultures and diverse backgrounds
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products Adobe, and electronic database management.
Required Licenses, Certifications and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required