Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Clinical Nursing
Reports to: Nursing Operations Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Nurse Manager is responsible for directing, organizing, and supervising the work of an offsite nursing staff, which includes registered nurses (RNs) on long term contract assignments at our client companies located throughout the United States. The Nurse Manager will also provide clinical support to client healthcare facilities as needed in the absence of Director of Nursing.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Through effective and ongoing communication, the nurse manager evaluates the performance of staff nurses while on assignment and manages performance management plans in collaboration with other internal departments as needed
- Mentor and coach nursing staff on assignment by holding weekly calls and providing additional training resources as needed.
- Address concerns and provide counsel to help nursing staff while at the client site
- Motivate staff to strive for professional excellence through their assignment
- Provide nursing education in accordance with the established curriculum, as necessary
- Communicate with clients to ensure that nurses are progressing through the orientation and transition period with success in the clinical environment
- Manage client relationships, ensure that realistic expectations are set in working with international nurses, and fosters class-leading outcomes, ensuring Avant maintains a superior reputation with each client.
- Collaborate and share any relevant information with other Avant departments, especially ESS and Client Services, about nursing staff on assignment
- Stay up to date with current nursing practice standards and any relevant industry laws and regulations
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Occasional travel to client sites as needed (10%)
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This employee may work more than 40 hours weekly and schedule may vary based upon the needs of Avant, the client, or the HCP.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Associate degree in Nursing is required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred, work experience may substitute for education
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience as a Registered Nurse is required
- Minimum 2 years of leading people in an acute healthcare setting is preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing practice, applicable rules and regulations and industry standards
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be an effective time manager and multi-tasker
- High energy, positive, enthusiastic, intelligent, articulate, persuasive
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the State of Florida
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required