Location: Maitland, FL
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for leading and supervising accounting staff and directing various accounting functions. This role will conduct, evaluate, and make improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that the practices comply with the organization’s accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations. The Account Manager will oversee the recording, tracking, and reporting of financial information to ensure accuracy while meeting reporting deadlines.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Supervise the Accounting team, including involvement in interviewing, hiring, and training department staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising and managing performance; and addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and financial reporting
- Manage various accounting functions efficiently, including but not limited to, ledger maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense management, revenue reporting, payroll, state and other licensure, commissions, and asset accounting
- Assist the Assistant Controller in daily banking activity
- Keep up to date with federal and state laws and regulations to ensure the organization is in compliance and help to mitigate risk
- Prepare and reconcile all payroll and benefit supporting schedules and other schedules as needed
- Assist with the timely and accurate reporting in the monthly and year end close
- Coordinate with the Assistant Controller in supporting a clean and timely year-end audit
- Research financial record-keeping and reporting requirements to ensure that systems are modified to meet requirements
- Utilize internal and external software to manage accounting and financial duties
- Oversee timely payments to vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintain accurate records and control reports
- Develop goals and objectives for accounting team
- Coordinate and prepare materials for shareholders and executives as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years required related experience in accounting and management
- Minimum of 1-year public accounting experience preferred
- CPA License preferred
- Experience in Payroll, Accounts Payable Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, Accounting and Finance
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multitask multiple priorities simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office, Adobe,) HRIS systems, and other databases
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.