Apartment Service Technician
Location: Casselberry, FL
Reports to: Housing Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Apartment Service Technician is responsible for coordinating the needs of the corporate apartments and our incoming international healthcare professionals (HCPs) throughout their stay at the apartments. Duties include scheduling preventative maintenance, responding to maintenance requests and outages, overseeing and training the cleaning crew to ensure proper cleanliness within the apartments, reviewing and resolving furniture needs, participating in the creation of housing rules and emergency preparedness, and working with the Cultural Transitions team on other needs related to our HCPs. The Apartment Service Technician is also responsible for providing support to the Cultural Transitions team with administrative tasks that support the United States Transitions Program (USTP).
Essential Functions of the Job
- Conduct daily/weekly Inspections of units – to monitor cleanliness and maintenance (23, three-bedroom units – number of units may vary at any time).
- Report, track and follow up with reported maintenance requests as soon as possible (i.e. outages of internet, TV, or phone, plumbing issues, etc.)
- Inspect units for supply inventory for items such as toilet paper, paper towels, aluminum foil etc.
- Maintain proper inventory of Avant provided supplies and delivers them to the units as needed
- Continually inspects units for normal wear and tear replacement or maintenance needs – such as towels, bed linens, bathroom rugs, shower curtains, pots and pan sets, furniture etc.
- Organizes and maintains off-site supply storage
- Assist with apartment assignments for all incoming HCPs and distributes keys for each new resident
- Maintain apartment lock boxes with keys so drivers can access units as needed
- Assist Housing Supervisor with internal apartment communications to HCP residents by posting updates on message boards within the units or via email
- Receive and process email/phone requests from HCPs and picks up mail from all unit mailboxes
- Receive and respond to apartment needs after hours and during weekends, as needed
- Help develop and implement Avant housing rules in accordance with company policies, procedures and external applicable laws and regulations
- Negotiate apartment rates with the complex administrator when acquiring new units
- Coordinate set up of any new units – including utilities, furniture shopping, building furniture, supply shopping, moving, etc.
- Assist with providing instruction during Welcome Lecture for Apartment Rules and Expectations
- Maintain and distributes updated apartment listings as required.
- Assist with maintenance tasks as needed, including occasional repainting, building furniture, etc.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a customer service setting preferred
- Must have excellent problem solving, communication and customer service skills
- Must be reliable, team-oriented, and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Must have ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license and clean driving record
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.