AVP of Information Technology
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: VP of Information Technology
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The AVP of Information Technology oversees the planning, design, and delivery of technology solutions for Avant. Under the direction of the VP of Information Technology, the AVP of Information Technology aligns the company’s technology portfolio with business strategy and operational priorities. This key role works with leadership, process owners, and project stakeholders to ensure that solutions are delivered as expected and maximizes value for Avant.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Understand Avant’s business in order to develop business workflows through close collaborations with Operations to build the technology platforms.
- Under the direction of the VP of IT, plan and deliver technology solutions that align with Avant’s strategic goals and operational priorities.
- Clearly articulate technology plans, solution roadmaps, architectural concepts and project status to process owners and stakeholders.
- Facilitate the process to evaluate project proposals for architectural fit and strategic alignment. Maintain the project portfolio.
- Work with the VP of IT to implement an agile, scalable project management methodology to support the project excellence and the growth of the organization.
- Deliver projects as expected, on schedule, and within budget.
- Serve as a technical resource to the team; lead the development and implementation of complex applications.
- Manage activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of team members.
- Identify application and data vulnerabilities and eliminates them with solutions that increase security
- Build and maintain a high-performing team by supporting positive employee engagement, proactively addressing performance concerns, and providing coaching and mentoring opportunities.
- Ensure that best software engineering practices and standards are documented and followed.
- Measure and continuously improve the throughput and effectiveness of Avant’s software delivery capability.
- Establish SOPs to manage quality assurance, test methodology, and system change management.
- Build partnerships with vendors and creating value-producing contracts
- Maintain excellent internal customer communication and service.
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field required, Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience architecting, building, integrating, and deploying enterprise systems.
- Minimum of 7+ years of progressive leadership experience managing information technology teams.
- Low-code /no-code platform (e.g., Quick Base) experience preferred.
- Expertise in agile project management (e.g., Scrum).
- Strong vendor relations and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 products and virtual meeting tools (MS Teams, Zoom).
- Ability to lead and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.