Billing Specialist II
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Billing & Collections
Reports to: Revenue Cycle Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Billing Specialist II will be responsible for handling all routine Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) related duties and tasks for assigned clients, while providing high quality support and professional customer service. This role will have high-touch and complex assigned clients in regard to billing and/or invoicing structure, employee headcount, size, and other pre-determined factors. The Billing Specialist II will assist the Collections team in resolving routine or complex issues that may arise and partnering with the Collection Supervisor and/or Revenue Cycle Supervisor to assist in escalated concerns.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Support the Revenue Cycle Supervisor and/or the Collection Supervisor in resolving complex or escalated issues by researching information and proposing and/or developing effective solutions
- Assist the Revenue Cycle Supervisor in the training and mentoring of Billing Coordinators and new Billing Specialists on the team
- Collect, update, and maintain client accounts payable contact information, including but not limited to, telephone numbers, email addresses, and point of contact, within the billing database
- Review & reconcile internal database imports against the facility timecard for accuracy in accordance with the organization’s RCM guidelines and procedures
- Administer standard RCM functions for assigned clients by ensuring timely and proper client invoicing, processing adjustments and invoice issues
- Prepare and process client invoices for review by conducting a full reconciliation of billing, ensuring all charges are confirmed and supported
- Collaborate with the Payroll, Finance, Client Services, and other internal teams to gather data related to billing issues and work with the Billing Specialists and/or Revenue Cycle Supervisor for proper resolution
- Ensure all pertinent and required client information is collected and inputted accurately within internal databases to calculate receivables
- Assist the Billing & Collections team and/or the Finance department on any projects related to the RCM process
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in customer service and administration required
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in RCM, client invoicing, or account collections preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability fostering long term relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask multiple priorities simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office, Adobe), Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, data entry, and other databases
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.