Business Analysis Manager
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Business Analysis
Reports to: Director of Project Management Office
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Project Management Office, the Business Analysis Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Business Analysis team, ensuring that Avant has a best-in-class approach to business analysis (BA). This role will partner with the Director of Project Management Office to develop and execute strategic team objectives, BA best practices, and enterprise-wide priorities/projects. The Business Analysis Manager will also work with internal leadership teams across various divisions to conduct cost-benefit analyses to justify and approve project expenditures based on value.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Supervise the Business Analysis team, including involvement in interviewing, hiring, and training of department staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising and managing performance; and addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Establish service quality awareness, best practices, and improvements within the Business Analysis team
- Work closely with leadership across the organization and the Director of Project Management Office to determine business system objectives and priorities, while executing plans to improve systems as per established objectives.
- Develop key processes to ensure consistent, high-quality business analysis
- Maintain a deep understanding of business processes within the organization, identify gaps, and propose improvements by identifying automation capabilities
- Engage with business and IT management to identify changing business priorities and requirements; introduce new processes and technology to enhance the business analysis service offering
- Identify and analyze business processes using Lean Six Sigma and other best practice frameworks to establish quality standards
- Collaborate with internal staff across various teams to prepare documentation and training materials for new or modified processes
- Gather and develop functional requirements for new applications; meet with stakeholders, subject matter experts (SMEs), and key users to develop an understanding of the need
- Communicate requirements and changes effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders regarding any of the supported business systems, ensuring little to no business there aren’t any business disruption.
- Provide support to business areas of the company as needed
- Validate data integrity within supported business systems to ensure all information is accurate
- Foster and maintain a culture that nurtures innovative solutions and drives improvement
- Be a change leader within the organization focusing on delivering solutions to support Avant’s growth and scalability
- Ensure standard operating procedures (SOPs) are up to date and clear to non-technical end users
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required;
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience improving business processes and systems required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of direct supervision experience required
- Knowledge of Six Sigma process improvement principles desired
- Experience working with complex process workflows and databases
- Business Analysis certification required
- Ability to influence, build consensus and engage others to reach desired future state of the business
- Experience with Salesforce.com application and report development preferred
- Deep understanding of business process redesign principles, tools, and techniques
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to conduct intermediate level functions (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP)
- Experience compiling data and building reports necessary to drive business decision making
- Knowledge of organizational change management and risk mitigation
- Experience conducting cost-benefit analyses to justify and approve project expenditures based on value
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.