Business Development Representative
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Business Development Representative II is responsible for prospecting and qualifying potential clients by asking questions that focus on their need for long term nurse staffing. The individual in this role needs to possess excellent communication and time management skills, in addition to a strong desire to succeed and grow within the company. The Sales Development Representative II must enjoy a culture of collaboration with peers and the mission of changing people’s lives.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Generate quality leads through a multi-channel prospecting approach: cold calling, emails, social media, CRM’s and data bases
- Ability to successfully deliver the Avant sales presentation to prospective clients
- Ability to travel to represent Avant at conferences, trade shows and events
- Support the National Sales Directors within the assigned territory
- Meet or exceed Avant’s mission and financial monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Meet KPI’s and heavy call volume of 50-100 calls per day
- Identify key decisions makers from potential new clients, within selected markets, and coordinate high quality meetings
- Sell our services to HR, VP and C-level Executives within respective regions and confidently manage current client relationships
- Share, learn and collaborate with team members and manager to develop strategies, improve execution, and generate ideas that drive great team results and success
- Attend lunches, dinners, and conventions for the industry as our representative
- Growth oriented, ambitious and eager to achieve excellence and mastery of the role
- Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as the tactical, operational details
- Able to influence key C/V level decision makers and understand organizational business drivers, challenges and pain points
- Be available to work outside of normal business hours to meet client’s needs and will be required to travel, as needed, to represent Avant
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least 2 year of previous staffing experience is preferred Proven track record of sales and generating B2B relationships and revenue
- Experience selling (on the phone) directly to the C-suite healthcare clients
- Key skills: planning, creativity, tenacity, and displaying good judgment
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and skill set
- Strong typing skills an excellent knowledge of word processing tools, spreadsheets and CRM/Data bases
Other Characteristics of The Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates standard office equipment in a professional office environment.
- Ability to travel
Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
External: Regular contact with vendors, governmental agencies, and clients.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required