Candidate Engagement Specialist
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Global Recruitment
Reports to: Director of Global Recruitment
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international clinicians achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers opportunities for leadership roles, ongoing education and comprehensive professional development to all employees.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Candidate Engagement Specialist is responsible for leading the communication and engagement efforts with healthcare professionals (HCPs) not currently qualified for the Avant Healthcare Program, in order to form a strong deferred pipeline for future recruitment. This role will be responsible for engaging and motivating these applicants to take the necessary recommended steps to be eligible for future consideration with the Avant Program. The Candidate Engagement Specialist will utilize multiple platforms (i.e. social media, job boards, etc.) to engage with applicants that express interest in the Avant Program.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Proactively engage with interested applicants for the Avant Program and leverage established conversation guides to connect, and educate potential applicants
- Search and connect with potential applicants to the Avant Program on social media or referral sources, while providing excellent customer service via phone and other online communication platforms.
- Build rapport and trust with applicants in all stages of the recruitment process, by representing the Avant Program in a professional manner and promoting Avant’s recruitment goals, mission, and core values
- Review applicants that are declined or deferred to move ahead into the active recruitment process due to multiple factors including but not limited to: clinical experience, education, English requirements, or experience in certain clinical settings/facilities
- Under the direction of the Recruitment Manager and the Director of Global Recruitment, prepare and communicate plans to applicants who are declined or deferred in order to allow them to be considered in the future for the Avant program.
- Manage the online chat for the recruitment team by answering applicant questions and encouraging applications for the Avant Program.
- Monitor the main recruitment email inbox by responding to applicant questions, escalating priority issues, and directing applicants to the appropriate recruitment team member
- Deliver prepared scripts educating applicants on next steps in the recruitment process and build rapport with applicants in order to encourage them to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Support clear lines of communication by providing updated information to other departments as required,
- Attend and participate in meetings with other team members and departments.
- Perform administrative duties such as obtaining, updating, and ensuring all applicant information is accurate in all Avant database systems.
- Update and submit reports to Manager as needed
- Establish and build Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Recruitment team as needed.
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years customer service-related experience and/or training;
- Hands-on and willing to go above and beyond to get the job done with the team
- Proactively strives for results that are meaningful for our teams and mission
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
- Strong and clear multimodal communication skills
- Strong relationship-building skills.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain the security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.