Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Clinical Operations – Clinical Preparation Program
Reports to: Clinical Preparation Program Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Clinical Administrator facilitates daily departmental activities by providing operational and administrative support to all clinical functions by helping organize, coordinate, and carry out departmental projects, events, and procedures. This role is directly responsible for maintaining all process improvement objectives for the clinical team and should be highly organized, detail oriented and most importantly personable and approachable.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Provide clerical support and maintains inventory of supplies and materials for skills labs, Clinical Transitions Program (CTP) and off-site shadowing: ordering, receiving and associated expense accounting
- Provide exceptional customer support to Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) by assisting with technical issues related to internal programs and systems
- Assign online trainings to all HCP’s and monitor completion
- Maintain equipment and reports and troubleshoot any problems in a timely manner to avoid program disruptions
- Provide general clerical support as needed to all members of the Nursing Education team
- Maintain accurate information in all internal databases
- Coordinate schedules for weekly CTP activities and identify appropriate staffing to conduct such programs
- Provide updates to Nurse Managers about the status of HCPs going through the CTP program for weekly Pending/Placed Meeting and follow up on action items as needed
- Organize transportation for Healthcare Professionals when needed to attend an offsite activity and provides them with up to date schedules throughout the CTP process
- In coordination with Nurse Managers and other Clinical Administrators, determine schedule for HCPs to shadow at CFRH and attend off-site specialty certification classes (ACLS/BLS & PALS, TNCC, NRP, etc.)
- Assist with the preparation of team and multi-departmental meetings, attend when needed and follow up on identified/assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Ensure timely payment of invoices for CTP consultants and enters all expenses into Avant’s internal system with appropriate documentation
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00AM TO 5:00PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, And Experience
- Minimum of a high school degree required; Associate degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Strong ability in using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Work, Outlook) and Adobe
- Intermediate competency with electronic database management
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.