Clinical Assessment Manager - Recruitment
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Recruitment Operations
Reports to: Clinical Recruitment Manager
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Clinical Assessment Manager (CAM) will be responsible to complete Clinical Assessments for International Healthcare Professionals (HCP) at the recruitment (pre-contract stage) and make professional recommendations as to the best clinical placement match for each HCP to support an interview outcome. The CAM will also be responsible for creating and developing clinical based scenario questions and tools to assess HCP’s fully against US standards and identify any concerns or deficiencies in their skills and experience.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Clinically screen and assess international nurses for the Avant Healthcare Program, screenings will be completed by phone, skype or in person
- Minimum Requirement 5-6 assessments per day, 25-27 per week
- Assessment will consist of but not be limited to: Overview of professional nursing experience, Specific assessment of skills and experience with the use of review of resume, skills checklists and scenario-based interview questions appropriate to the RN’s specialty, Assessment of the RN in line with baseline requirements to meet US standards and identification of any deficiencies or concerns that would prevent Avant from offering the RN a place on the Avant program or raise concerns about their ability to be successful on assignment with Avant in the USA.
- Identify the RN’s skill set and make a clinical recommendation for the appropriate clinical setting and trauma level for in the USA
- Assist to build a database of expected clinical skills by: Country, Facility and units, and Qualifications
- Partner with the Department Manager to develop clinically based scenario questions and tools, as needed, to comprehensively assess HCPs against US standards to effectively identify concerns / deficiencies in their skills and experience
- Track and maintain communication with the Recruitment team during assessment processes and ensure Avant databases are updated to accurately reflect assessments?
- Track and document specific concerns highlighted during the assessment process by RN, hospital, country, and qualification.
- Maintain and update team documents as necessary
- Report metrics, and escalate issues as required
Marginal Functions of The Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to meet the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum ASN, BSN preferred
- Fluent in Portuguese and / or Spanish and English preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of current experience as a Registered Nurse in a variety of acute care clinical settings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
- Valid, clear and unrestrictive Nursing License
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.