Clinical Pre-Assessment Manager
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Nursing Pre-Assessment
Reports to: Director of Global Recruitment
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Clinical Pre-Assessment Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and workflow of the Nursing Pre-Assessment Specialist (NPAS) team which pre-qualifies Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) inquiring about the Avant Healthcare Program. This role will manage the team, ensuring key metrics are met consistently each month and executing clinical recommendations for HCPs into the program. The Clinical Pre-Assessment Manager will also research, evaluate, and document international facilities, conducting a regular review of facilities in the internal database, and communicating changes with the Global Recruitment team. This role will lead the NPAS team in developing and maintaining clinical pre-assessment tools to assess HCPs fully with US standards and develop internal education and training to enhance the recruitment process.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the NPAS team, including involvement in interviewing, hiring, and training department staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Partner with the Director of Global Recruitment and SVP of Operations to create strategies to improve productivity and efficiency in all department processes and procedures
- Develop workflows and processes to meet key performance indicators (KPIs), maximize recruitment team success, report metrics, and escalate issues to the Director of Global Recruitment
- Ensure service levels and key metrics are consistently met each month, as required by the Avant Executive team
- Collaborate with Recruitment leadership to develop and implement the Team’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives to ensure strong inter-departmental communication
- Participate in the planning, organization, coordination, and oversight of overseas recruitment activities
- Troubleshoot issues and offer solutions to staff to support continuous improvement efforts
- Complete initial clinical screens and formulate recommendations for HCPs applying into the program
- Research, evaluate, document, and regularly review international facilities
- Build database of expected clinical skills by country, facility, unit, and nursing qualification
- Collaborate with other clinicians in the department to implement screening and selection criteria for the team
- Ensure the incoming pipeline is executed efficiently and timely to support the needs of recruitment events
- Communicate performance expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
- Develop workflows and processes to meet KPI’s and maximize recruitment team success
- Provide solutions and ideas to support continuous improvement efforts and troubleshoot issues as needed
- Work in conjunction with Director of Global Recruitment and SVP of Operations to create strategies to improve productivity and efficiency in all department processes and procedures
- Closely work with key players in the planning, organization, coordination, and oversight of overseas recruitment activities
- Collaborate with Recruitment leadership to develop and implement the Team’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives
- Work closely with other Recruitment managers and other internal departments to ensure strong inter-departmental communication
- Create and submit reports to the Director of Global Recruitment and SVP of Operations as needed
- Attend meetings and report updates, concerns, and issues as required and be involved in seeking the best solution for all parties, as needed
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) remain updated for the department
- Research, analyze, and remain current by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional associations
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) required, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Registered Nurse or leading people in an acute health care setting or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of direct supervision experience required
- Proven ability to lead and direct employees as well as develop workflow and process to generate results
- Proven ability to work with a team to accomplish objectives and must have a high attention to detail
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the State of Florida
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- International travel may be required
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.