Clinical Quality Assurance Director
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Vice President of Clinical Operations
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Clinical Quality Assurance Director is responsible for monitoring, recording, and tracking pre-arrival medical requirements prior to the Healthcare Professionals (HCP) assignment start. In addition, this role will ensure all HCPs have obtained and submitted mandatory health requirements on an annual basis. The Clinical Quality Assurance Director will lead the Avant HCP Medical events and coordinate any necessary medical follow up while the HCP is in the Avant Transitions Program. They will track immunizations/vaccines compliance, coordinate with local health departments TB Programs when necessary and communicate work delays to key stakeholders. This role will also be responsible for connecting with the HCP on assignment to provide any necessary education regarding successfully completing their annual Core Competency Test while on assignment.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Direct, oversee the daily workflow, and plan all duties/responsibilities of the Quality Assurance department
- Supervise the Credentialing and QA Manager and collaborate with them in the day-to-day operations of the Quality Assurance department
- Monitor HCP compliance with pre-arrival testing, vaccinations, and medical clearance
- Coordinate any HCP medical support or follow up needed for medical clearance and or a return-to-work statement by treating physician
- Track and trend HCP annual medical requirements in accordance with Avant’s and or the client’s requirements for employment
- Coach and educate HCPs who may not have received passing score for annual Core Competency tests and schedule re-test
- Assure compliance with regulatory requirements related to clinical operations
- Maintain responsibility for HCP work documents (Pre-Arrival and Actives group) required for employment, that meet the Joint Commission accreditation guidelines
- Stay update and knowledgeable in regulatory requirements regarding employment Visas or other agencies, such as OSHA, Department of Health and/or Center for Disease Control
- Lead HCP Medical Events and coordinate vendor schedule to ensure HCPs pre hire screenings are performed with a high degree of integrity and reliability, including but not limited to: drug screens, QuantiFERON Gold testing, titer and vaccine administration and any diagnostics
- Perform on site Mask Fit Testing for clients requiring them to be done pre-arrival
- Collaborate with outside resources such as healthcare providers, physician office administrators, medical director, laboratory and diagnostic centers, regulatory agencies, and health departments
- Monitor and track HCP vaccine, titer, and immunization compliance for their employment during pre-arrival all the way through the end of assignment
- Coordinate any medical or diagnostic follow up for any HCP who needs medical clearance for employment.
- Coordinate with the state’s local health department or TB Program any reportable communicable disease follows up needed by the Avant HCP
- Manage all HCP cases assuring appropriate care and medical clearance is achieved
- Communicate to the key stakeholders any delays in assignment starts due to missing QA documents or based on medical clearance
- Monitor and escalate HCP non-compliance with mandatory medicals, immunizations, vaccines, and or mask fit testing while HCP is on assignment
- Track and trend any employee injury that is reported to understand nature of injury and need for education such as needle stick, HIPPA, etc
- Educate and remediate HCPs on any poor scoring Core Competency exams as needed as part of their annual competencies
- Establish and maintain the strategic long-term vision for the Quality Assurance department in collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Operations
- Evaluate key metrics and implement solutions as required
- Facilitate and participate in management team meetings, daily huddles, team meetings, and offsite meetings to discuss company and departmental goals
- Collaborate with clients, Healthcare Professionals, and other Avant departments to ensure delivery of high-quality service and successful client and employment relationships
- Participates as an active member of Avant’s Leadership Team
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business, or Healthcare required
- Minimum of 10 years of clinical nursing experience
- Minimum of 5 years of direct supervision experience
- Infectious Disease background is not required but preferred
- Certificate in Occupational Health Nursing preferred
- Ability to lead and direct employees as well as develop workflow process to generate results
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification or ability to obtain
- Active and unrestricted Registered Nurse License required
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.