Collections Specialist II
Location: Maitland, FL
Department: Billing & Collections
Reports to: Collections Specialist
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international healthcare professionals achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals and we have been named to the Inc. 5000 List of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies for 7+ years. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers tremendous opportunities for eager professionals looking for an opportunity to build their career.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Collections Specialist II is responsible for handling all collection and follow-up procedures for debt owed to the company from clients, while providing high quality support and professional customer service. This role will have assigned clients that are high-touch and complex in terms of billing/invoicing structure, employee headcount, size, and other pre-determined factors. The Collections Specialist II will observe accounts to identify outstanding debt, report collection activity, and address client inquiries. This position will also be responsible for assisting the Billing & Collections teams in resolving routine or complex issues that may arise and partnering with internal teams to assist in escalated concerns as needed. The Collections Specialist II will train and assign tasks to new team members as required by the Collections Supervisor.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Support the Billing & Collections teams in resolving standard and complex client discrepancies, short payments, and disputes in accordance with the company’s guidelines and procedures
- Assist in the training and mentoring of new team members and assign tasks as directed by the Collections Supervisor
- Review contracts and confirm applicable terms and conditions are properly assigned within the billing systems
- Ensure accurate capture and reconciliation of all hours including vendor management systems (VMS) which submits a reverse bill
- Submit reports on the status of unpaid accounts and any repayment progress to senior leadership
- Handle complex and escalated issues as needed
- Identify potential client billing issues and escalate accordingly to the Collections Supervisor and/or the Director Revenue Cycle Manager
- Follow up with assigned clients who are past due to ensure proper payment remittance and identify and escalate patterns of payment delinquency to the Collections Supervisor
- Provide high quality and timely customer service to assigned clients by acting as a point-of-contact for any billing and collections questions or concerns
- Collaborate with the Payroll, Finance, Client Services, and other internal teams to gather data related to billing issues and work with the team and/or Collections Supervisor for proper resolution
- Input and maintain any customer/client information into the internal database, and act as the point of contact for questions and concerns as needed
- Collect, update, and maintain client accounts payable contact information, including but not limited to, telephone numbers, email addresses, and point of contact, within the billing database
- Ensure all pertinent and required client information is collected and inputted accurately within internal databases to calculate receivables
- Assist the Billing & Collections teams and/or the Finance department on any projects related to the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) process
- Maintain the internal billing databases, ensuring all entries are accurate
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Associate degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-year related experience in customer service and administration required
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in RCM, client invoicing, or account collections required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability fostering long term relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask multiple priorities simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to conduct intermediate level functions (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP)
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification and ability to obtain and maintain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.