Cultural Education Program Manager
Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Cultural Education Program
Reports to: Director of Employee Support Services
Do you want to change lives? Are you interested in helping international clinicians achieve their American Dream? If so, join us at Avant!
Avant Healthcare Professionals is the premier recruiting and staffing specialist for internationally educated healthcare professionals. Our comprehensive program guides qualified registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists through each stage of the licensure and immigration process and makes it simple! Avant Healthcare Professionals has grown 40 percent annually since its inception in 2003, and with healthcare and social assistance employment projected to grow by 3.4 million, healthcare staffing is a thriving industry. While experiencing a period of tremendous growth, Avant offers opportunities for leadership roles, ongoing education and comprehensive professional development to all employees.
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director of Employee Support Services, the Cultural Education Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the educational program for the United States Transitions Program (USTP), and day-to-day operations of the Cultural Education Program team. This role is also responsible for executing strategy for operations, leadership, the management of curriculum development, and team implementation of said curriculum.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Supervise day to day activities of the Cultural Education Program team and all aspects related to the management of the team including but not limited to; directing or assigning work, training, appraising performance, and addressing or resolving staff issues that may arise.
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process for any new members on the Cultural Education Program team
- Lead, attend and/or participate in meetings with other team members and internal departments as necessary
- Evaluate program effectiveness and develop initiatives to continuously improve USTP and Learning Management System (LMS) offerings
- Analyze the Cultural Education Program team’s operations to pinpoint opportunities or areas for improvement, offering meaningful suggestions for to the Director of Employee Support Services as needed
- Review surveys from HCPs and work with the Director of Employee Support Services to provide feedback for program development.
- Address any escalated issues related to an HCP’s progress throughout the duration of USTP, developing resolutions with the Director of Employee Support Services or USTP teams as needed
- Provide the Cultural Education Program team with feedback and direction on complex/escalated issues related to USTP or HCP progress throughout the program
- Present Cultural Transition Lectures and Webinars in a group setting and/or in one-on-one sessions with the HCP and/or via LMS
- Create an interactive learning environment for HCPs designed to help educate HCPs on adapting to life and work in the US through lectures and role-playing
- Prepare, revise, and develop course content as needed for live or LMS USTP
- Ensure the goals and objectives of the USTP program are communicated effectively to HCPs and upheld
- Enroll and monitor HCPs in the required LMS programs such as the Pre-Arrival and USTP modules
- Represent the Avant Healthcare Program in a professional manner, in order to build rapport and trust with the HCP as they process with Avant
- Provide timely and ongoing feedback of HCPs and their progress in the program to the ESS Manager and/or the Director of Employee Support Services
- Support the Employee Support Services department as needed, by assisting HCPs in dealing with any physical, psychological, and emotional aspects of moving within one state, state to state, and internationally to the US
- Communicate and work with all HCPs regarding social and cultural transitions to the US
- Run reports on a regular or ad hoc basis to the Director of Employee Support Services as needed
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
This is a full-time position. Standard business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional time outside of these hours may be needed to complete the essential functions of the job.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in education, international relations, social work, or related degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience presenting educational material in an adult classroom/educational setting and creation of course material
- Experience and knowledge of adult learning theories, methodologies, and practices (ex: ADDIE, Robert Gagne’s 9 Events of Instruction, etc.)
- Ability to quickly identify, adapt and apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Ability to create engaging learning content using e-learning systems (ex: Articulate 360, etc.)
- Ability to create curriculum, present material, and facilitate classes for both synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Ability to create and facilitate effective course evaluations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with people from other cultures and diverse backgrounds
- Excellent presentation and classroom management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe, and electronic database management
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification, or ability to obtain
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.